Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jug Blender recommendations

Options
  • 02-11-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

just wondering if anyone can recommend a jug blender. My mum wants one as she is concerned that her food processor (with many bells and whistles) doesn't like being used everyday and given that what she uses it for on such a regular basis is to make herself a morning smoothie she wants a jug blender as well.

Just wondering if anyone has one they use a lot that they can recommend?

I know you can also get smoothie makers with the handy little tap bit but I think she'd rather one without the tap. Handheld blender is also out - she has one of those already - basically she likes her kitchen gadgets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

We have a dualit one at home that's absolutely brilliant. It's really powerful and well designed, easy to clean.

http://www.dualit.com/products/blender

It was a present ages ago so I don't know how much it would cost. I presume, like all dualit products, it's not cheap but does the job admirably.

Personally I would avoid one with a little tap, as my brother got one and it was so hard to clean that he never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Can't recommend enough a blender with glass jug -- unlike plastic ones, it's much easier to clean, doesn't stain or discolour, doesn't absorb food odour, and doesn't scratch.
    The downside is that it's prone to breakage if dropped, and also it's heavier.

Argos has a few selections here at different price range. Most of them have great reviews.

Advertisement