Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Crashes

Options
  • 02-11-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

How often are ye guys experiencing crashes if at all???

Again, I'm using a GTX 670 @1080p running on high settings with around 80-90 FPS with dips to 55 FPS. In the last 24 hrs BF4 has crashed about 8 times. Sometimes it's the server and sometimes it's the game client. I mean like WTF? €50 for this like????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

not just pc, crashing on ps3 also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I know we all dont expect crashes from a new bf game but unfortunately its the norm.
    There was a server patch due out yesterday or today to help fix crashes(server side anyway).

I've had a good few crashes too in the last 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

All over the place for me:
    -Crash in middle of game
    -Crash after game end and new one about to load up
    -Server crashes (Everyone disconnected)
    -Server crashes (Half of people playing disconnected)
    -Crash with sound loop
    - Micro stutter type lag (that everyone on server experiences)

Sometime I can play 3 or 4 games before anything happens.
    I know they are working on it so I'm not too bothered about it - funnily enough the Beta was waaaayy more stable for me!
    Life's too short to get all worked up I think ("EA SUX BALL THIS PIECE OF SH*T GAME" etc etc)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had a few crashes since release maybe 5 in total, just had 4 in 5 minutes there.
    The game is broken beyond belief between client crashes,server crashes and major rubber banding and terrible netcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, **** this. I give up. Just played on the Siege of Shanhai and as soon as I connected, that levelation building **** happened and my game crashed. the fella on vent crashed too at the same moment. This is getting freaking stupid.

The game is so much fun, but these crashes are fecking annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

To be honest why people are going mad bf3 was exact same crashed at the start for a while so don't worry it will get better.

I've had about 5crashes myself

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

battser wrote: »
    To be honest why people are going mad bf3 was exact same crashed at the start for a while so don't worry it will get better.

I've had about 5crashes myself

Do you know how many good matches I've had that crashed resulting in loss of XP, unlocks and stats???

It's just really annoying.

Dude I realise but it's not the end of the workman didn't get me wrong when it happened to me last night I was Effin and blinding but sure it will be sort,ed in time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I have crashed/disconnected more than 50 times so far. I don't even mind at this stage, I know it will be fixed eventually. At times I do get a huge run of games which more than makes up for it.

Edit: As I type: SOMETHING WENT WRONG

True, but if this happened in BF3 they should have been more prepared for it in BF4. I know it will be fixed but christ does it piss me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Suffered quite a few crashes playing BF4 yesterday. Was mighty pissed but I feel better since its happening to others also.

Okay, now it crashes every 2-3 minutes. Most of the time just when I get connected to server. Its beyond joke now.

It really pisses me off as saturdays are usually the only days we can gather up on vent and play some god damn games.

True, but if this happened in BF3 they should have been more prepared for it in BF4. I know it will be fixed but christ does it piss me off.

Irrelevant man cause new hardware, software, frostbite engine means there is no real way they can use bf3 as the bench mark. Be all good soon.

Also btw worth noting servers are also reportedly having crashes

battser wrote: »
    Irrelevant man cause new hardware, software, frostbite engine means there is no real way they can use bf3 as the bench mark. Be all good soon.

Also btw worth noting servers are also reportedly having crashes

Of course it's relevant, these guys are software developers. I work as part of a dev team and trust me, it doesn't bode well when you don't learn from your mistakes. New hardware, engines, tools etc shouldn't prevent a dev team from delivering a workable piece of software that incorporates design from the ground up that handles load and performs consistently. I'm not comparing BF4 to BF3 but I am saying that BF4's initial design contains the same problems that BF3's design did. Yes, new hardware/engine might make it more difficult to handle but it's still not an excuse to deliver crashing software.

Super weird. Playing on Irish WTF server and not a single crash..

Few minutes after I said this, it crashed... Looks like siege of Shanghai map always Crashes my pc.

I wondering, do people get a lot more Crashes on Shanghai map? Everytime building Collapses BF4 crashes for me. I played a whole round no problem on Hotel map and 4 minutes in Shanghai it brick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

dont use the m320 flashbang, you crash everytime you fire one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

several crashes in a row there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

shanghai is the biggest cause for me crashed 3 times now on gaellords server

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yup the tower falling on shanghai & Operation Locker are the big ones crashing on our server

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Super weird. Playing on Irish WTF server and not a single crash..

Few minutes after I said this, it crashed... Looks like siege of Shanghai map always Crashes my pc.

The server has 4 stability patches so far, which is crazy to believe tbh. And yeah, same issue for me with Shanghai building crash. Anyone on a 4770k? Found out last night that everyone on that CPU didn't crash :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I reckon it has a lot to do with all the 'levolving'. If EA doesn't sort this out soon, they will have a full blown 'levolution' on their hands. :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5J71OIho4c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

My issues.. Can play 3-4 maps no bother then on next Map load black screen and have to ctrl/alt/del it.. BF4 has an issue message(duh!)
    Apart from the usual server crashes( I had one on golmund? railways when i had 18000 points..) thats about it so far.

oh wait.. Cant enable teamspeak overlay as this suddenly decided after 3 hours to prevent the game from loading too..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I was going grand there for a few games and then ... I crashed ...but this time it was Origin that crashed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I actually haven't had a crash at all which is weird, though when the buildings collapse, my framerate actually drops to 10fps for 10 seconds, even if I'm way away from the collapse itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

To be expected in a BF game at launch, its never smooth and takes normally 2-3 weeks to get stable.

Had a few crashes myself, nothing to get overly annoyed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be expected in a BF game at launch, its never smooth and takes normally 2-3 weeks to get stable.

I've only has a few server crashes mid game, annoying losing XP and that, but not a huge deal, vast majority of the time everything is running grand for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I've had a good few crashes. My system:
    Quad core CPU 3.4ghZ
    gtx660TI
    4GB RAM
    Installed on a SSD

Everything set at high 1600x1080 60hz Resolution. Crashes are isolated to the BF4 Application itself, Windows is still responsive. Checking the Event Viewer after the crash it flags as an Application Hang error. I've had them when loading a map where the game hangs on the loading screen. Also had a good few while driving a tank, it seems to hang the instant I get hit by an enemy tank shell. I had 3 hangs straight after each other last night when joining a server, hangs on the loading screen. Restarting the computer seemed to solve it and played the rest of the evening without any more crashes.

Interestingly while I was playing the parcel storm map I had a lot if issues with Hi-res textures not loading while flying a jet, Looks really ugly until they pop in properly. Had never seen that before. The sound bug seems to be occurring more commonly for me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be expected in a BF game at launch, its never smooth and takes normally 2-3 weeks years to get stable.

Fixed that for you.

It's pretty annoying, happening all the time every couple of minutes. All weekend it was perfect, not a signle problem, tonight it's a complete joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've only had one or two CTDs, a couple more disconnects but that's about it.
    Now I haven't played all that much and I'm only up to level 8.

Advertisement