Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Crashes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

yeah R9 was working fine for the few hours that it was out for us (others had problems though). R10 was rushed out but now it looks like we might need R11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

4 games 3 crashes.. i wonder do they test these things at all..

EDIT*

game is now totally unplayable. join server.. server crash.. rinse repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

FFS, I really thought they'd put some quality bug fixes out. It's unreal. And yet I keep coming back to buy their BF games.

Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I've easily lost 3/4 levels through crashes, Stevie Wonder can see the game was not finished when they released it to get the jump on Ghosts. Incredibly frustrating. I actually had more stability last night (still 3 crashes in 3 hours) than today, although more server than client crashes today...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My game is worse since the patch. I had no crashes in about a week, 2 today now since update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Well i stayed away from Celts and GaelLords (play on both alot) tonight and managed to play for 3hrs non stop on another English server with no problems at all.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

havent crashed in 2 hours now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Same here had one device hung and that's it actually got to level up a good bit this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

game4it70 wrote: »
    Well i stayed away from Celts and GaelLords (play on both alot) tonight and managed to play for 3hrs non stop on another English server with no problems at all.:):):)
    It's nice to have no crashes for a change isnt it? you must have missed it but Gaellords had a workaround applied to fix the end of round crashes introduced in today's patch. I played for 4 hours straight and some of the lads are still going :) . We even got to see the skyscraper come down in shanghai with not one person crashing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

It's nice to have no crashes for a change isnt it? you must have missed it but Gaellords had a workaround applied to fix the end of round crashes introduced in today's patch. I played for 4 hours straight and some of the lads are still going :) . We even got to see the skyscraper come down in shanghai with not one person crashing out.

It was great yes,thats good news about Gaellords since most of my time is spent on the 64 man server.:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

5 mins into siege and crashed

I got a crash in sp and keeps doing it must be making my CPU break down in tears
    when the ship breaks into half
    even if I look away when it happens (in game and in real life :P ) it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Strange, I haven't had a single crash in well over a week of playing, plenty of time before and after patch, and played Siege of Shanghai countless times where the tower came down. I reckon it must be a hardware problem limited to a series of cards/cpu's/whatever, even something as simple as audio chips....I play on Gaellords only, really.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Siege of Shanghai freezes me out every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

fair few crashes tonight, none since the patch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Definitely gotten worse since the patch, haven't played a game from start to finish yet.
    And then 5 man queues take 20mins to get back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

5uspect wrote: »
    Siege of Shanghai freezes me out every time.

I've honestly played about 20 Siege of Shanghai games and it's never crashed on me once, I play on Gaellords the whole time so I really don't know what it is causing crashes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Absolutely shocking that they still havent sorted so many things with the game.

I've honestly played about 20 Siege of Shanghai games and it's never crashed on me once, I play on Gaellords the whole time so I really don't know what it is causing crashes...

Yeah it happened on Gaellords last night.
    Now I've not been playing much (not really enjoying it), but this is the only map that freezes for me I think so at least its consistent. I'm using war tapes audio if that's any difference.

EDIT: Nevermind, nonstop crashes today. **** it I give up on this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I have not had any crashes since the last patch. Even before it I was getting very few. Most of my issues seem to of been sorted with various server updates. I'm convinced its hardware based on client machines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I have not had any crashes since the last patch. Even before it I was getting very few. Most of my issues seem to of been sorted with various server updates. I'm convinced its hardware based on client machines

Just crashed as we were taking over Echo on GaelLords, an almighty "**** OFF" came from my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Haven't had any crashes since the updates. Still getting shot through walls the odd time tho

ktulu123 wrote: »

Even if it is client based its not acceptable, hardware that is able to run the game smooth on high should not be crashing fair enough if the hardware is not up to scratch and struggling to play the game but its only when certain things happen in the game that it crashes for me like in the single player when major events happen and makes your CPU cry

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

On a related note, is anyone having sound issues? Whenever I am in a tank I can't hear most sounds, and the surround sound is not being rendered correctly on maps.

On a related note, is anyone having sound issues? Whenever I am in a tank I can't hear most sounds, and the surround sound is not being rendered correctly on maps.

I've always had this kind of sound issue with Battlefield games, on different hardware. It's like Dice spend all their time fixing the same bugs with each release.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Things have gotten a lot better for me since the client side patch, I'm still hitting server and client crashes but a lot less often and the interpolation seems a lot better. But I am getting that wierd old-style 3D effect (the wavering superimposed red and green images) every so often, which is new and a pain in the fundament. And the sound glitches on me occasionally - it's like I go deaf in the game to everything around me except my own noises, which has let a few people sneak up on me.... in tanks.... and helos...
    Honestly, we're going to see a few more TrolllinDaNoobs videos on youtube if this keeps up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

3 games in a row and crashed in each one, was working fine earlier today. Pretty frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

These are not server crashes

We are getting a lot of report about Blaze backend disconnects (EA/DICE Backend) (DDOS)
    until their resolved expect to get disconnected not only from our server but everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

"NOTICE: We are currently experiencing attacks on our infrastructure that is impacting online gameplay on BF4 PC. We are working on mitigating actions "
    so much for playing a few games this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

3 games in a row and crashed in each one, was working fine earlier today. Pretty frustrating.

Advertisement