Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Crashes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING ATTACKS ON OUR INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS IMPACTING ONLINE GAMEPLAY ON BF4 PC. WE ARE WORKING ON MITIGATING ACTIONS

^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

psugrue wrote: »
    "NOTICE: We are currently experiencing attacks on our infrastructure that is impacting online gameplay on BF4 PC. We are working on mitigating actions "
    so much for playing a few games this evening.

Where are you seeing that? I cant get into a game for the last half hour

Nevermind I seen it now. DoS attack I wonder? Are there that many pissed with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

psugrue wrote: »
    "NOTICE: We are currently experiencing attacks on our infrastructure that is impacting online gameplay on BF4 PC. We are working on mitigating actions "
    so much for playing a few games this evening.

Just came on to post that :D

I cant seem to get on a server for any length of time atm :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

finally got into a game and all weapons are gone, when i check battlelog my weapons are all there but in-game you are back right where you started at the beginning with the original loadouts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I'm going to just write off tonight , come at it fresh again tomorrow.
    No point driving myself around the bend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,956 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Friends son bought this .. his spec for running the game is suitable yet when he tries to join/load a game, he gets a windows error. He cannot get any further than this. Its a pain. I suggested reinstalling it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

GBX wrote: »
    Friends son bought this .. his spec for running the game is suitable yet when he tries to join/load a game, he gets a windows error. He cannot get any further than this. Its a pain. I suggested reinstalling it???

If you're looking for advice, I'd suggest giving a small bit more information about the "error" he gets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Gotta say, BF4 hasn't crashed as frequently as before the latest patch. I'm seeing some better frame rates too (still get some ridiculous frame drops on certain maps) overall.

Still crashing but not as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Question for people. Since the last update my graphics seem to be acting up. You know the fuzzed screen during joining a server usually? Hard from that description but its just the slight fuzzed look. Well in game its doing it on a regular basis. Has anyone else noticed anything similar? My card is fine and I am convinced it is related to the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

battser wrote: »
    Question for people. Since the last update my graphics seem to be acting up. You know the fuzzed screen during joining a server usually? Hard from that description but its just the slight fuzzed look. Well in game its doing it on a regular basis. Has anyone else noticed anything similar? My card is fine and I am convinced it is related to the patch.

I think I am getting the same thing , I didn't say it on TS as I thought I was going mad or that it was some game mechanic that I was overlooking , screen goes fuzzy for a brief second and back and then it will do it again . I thought it might be related to being injured , blurred vision in the game or else I needed to get to specsavers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Yes, since the latest patch, I'm getting this too. Especially on Zavod and Dam. The blurry/hazzy effect is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Looks like an old 3D film? Yeah, I'm getting that too.

This is good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

crash crash crash...hope we get another update in the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Seemingly that 3D effect is the commander EMP strike?

TheFairy wrote: »
    Seemingly that 3D effect is the commander EMP strike?

Well If you get striked on average 20 times in a two minute period maybe but dont think so!

Then why do I still have my red dot and my map during it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

It was rumoured to be the EMP but it happens even when there are no commanders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Also who ever else is getting that loading screen jitter thing I'm also the same since patch :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have they changed something?? I went from not crashing in about 50+ games to suddenly crashing every game. :mad:

• Advertisement

No clue ?

No mention of it in the battlelog forum but I did see they are bringing out a new client patch soon enough for pc

That's both Gaellords and Celts who've crashed out on me tonight, both in Shanghai after the skyscraper fell and everything had calmed down.

Feck. And my beanbag seat burst a seam. Balls everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

I got that fuzzy screen thing too !! Hasn't happened too much though, I thought it was something to do with the some new game mechanic, but I wasn't convinced about that. Glad to know its not just me.

Last night after updating my nvidia drivers to 331.82 I couldn't play the game at all. Massive screen stuttering all the time. Completely unplayable. So had to revert to the previous driver, restart pc and then it was fine.

I still think the net code needs tweaked !! So many times Ill be killed behind a wall after getting into cover. Also, have you noticed in BF3 and BF4, that when an enemy inf throws a nade, they will start shooting before the animation of the throw itself is finished, really annoying !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does Dice even know the meaning of "patch"? I am still crashing every single game... Getting fecking stupid at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Another patch, more crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

NFS Rivals using Frostbite 3 engine and capped at 30 fps.

Runs like a dream on Ultra mega settings, no issues with that game but I still crashing on BF4.

Something not right and i dont think its graphics, from my own experience its seems sounds are crashing my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Crashed again. DirectX Hung error. Haven't seen that one before.

Crashed again. DirectX Hung error. Haven't seen that one before.

Im starting to think that's power supply related possibly :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

My game is crashing on me every time on shanghai.
    I literally cannot compete a full round on that map. Its an excellent map and I having a tonne of fun playing it which is what pisses me off more.

I was really rusty at the game when I got it first but I'm starting to get a lot better, boot it up today, load into shangai. Play for 10 mintues start kicking loads of ass.... crash.

Load back in, crash....

Change server, load into shanghai, have an amazing 5 minutes of double kill after double kill... crash.

I get that its the norm now for games when released that they'll crash a lot but what adds to my anger of this is that I've been playing BF since 1942, and in BF2 they added a feature that everyone loved.

If you lose connection to a server or crash, if you re-join straight away your score will still be there.

Why in the name of feckin jaysus they took a step backward and removed this feature is beyond me and fuels the anger of putting up with a crashing game.
    It doesn't take that long for me to re-join a server buts its just the fact that everything I've been fighting for in that round has been lost that pisses me off.
    If they didn't reset everything I could put up with it. But no, they had this feature and removed it. Why the ****? :mad::mad::mad:

Love to grab one of the devs and ask him this, I just can't get over how backward it is to remove that feature.

Advertisement