Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Crashes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent completed a single round of shanghai since the game released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent completed a single round of shanghai since the game released.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Im starting to think that's power supply related possibly :/

I doubt it, don't have a problem with any other games, and I've a 1k PSU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The game seems to be crashing more for me since the last patch.

Sigh Parcel storm, round starts, hop into the little bird and proceed to have the best round in a scout heli I've ever head. Ferrying friendlys to flags, slaughtering every inf boat and heli I find. All for a good solid 15 minutes without being killed once and crash goes my game. :(

So ****ing annoying. Again I can instantly rejoin the server but the backtracking from BF2 with regards to keep score being removed boggles my mind so much. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I thought that if you crash, your score is fine and it's only if the server crashes that things like unlocks and scores are lost?

In BF2, if you crash or lose connection - if you rejoin the server instantly and press TAB your score remains.

In BF3 & BF4 they removed that and your score is back to 0.

As far as that round is concerned you just joined and all the fighting you've done for your team never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So... don't rejoin and take what you earned in the battlelog or rejoin and erase it? Don't like that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Might get a crash very rarely in fairness.
    Running Win 8.1 pro with below specs incase it helps

MSI-G45 Gaming with Haswell i7-4560K (not overclocked)
    16gb ddr3 mixed ram (1600mhz)
    128gb SSD (Samsung 830)
    ATI Radeon 6950 x 2 crossfired (running latest beta drivers)
    Sound- Onboard realtek sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Crashes were rare for me too on Win 7 but in the last 2-3 nights, it's constantly crashing. The next patch doesn't have much information listed on any fixes for crashes. I mean like it's a month later and it's still not stable.

It's the last time I get excited for the BF series tbh.

• Advertisement

crashes were rare for me until one of the updates, now its brutal, lucky to finish a round. is anyone else getting BSOD? I have a mix of BSOD and app errors, but other games seem to be OK, and I ran 3DMark Firestrike there for 90 minutes on a loop and its perfect, ran furmark for 30 minutes before that and it was perfect as well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

crashes were rare for me until one of the updates, now its brutal, lucky to finish a round. is anyone else getting BSOD? I have a mix of BSOD and app errors, but other games seem to be OK, and I ran 3DMark Firestrike there for 90 minutes on a loop and its perfect, ran furmark for 30 minutes before that and it was perfect as well. :confused:

Constantly getting app errors, disconnects, freezing, the odd BF4.exe has stopped working, etc.

I don't see this much if at all with all my other games.

But if it's any consolation, XBONE & PS4 have massive freezing, rubberbanding and brutal lag, some twitter dudes reporting horrible FPS drops to slow motion gameplay.

I'm not worried about the app crashes as they're common, more with the BSOD's, which are more worrying, and not that common with BF4 for other people compared to the app crashes/lock ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'm not worried about the app crashes as they're common, more with the BSOD's, which are more worrying, and not that common with BF4 for other people compared to the app crashes/lock ups.

A great program to help troubleshoot BSODs is blue screen viewer: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html just make sure that you let the BSOD generate the crash dump fully before restarting your machine (let it get to 100 percent). BSODs happen for lots of different reasons, I was getting them only with BF4 too but A BIOS update fixed it for me, you might be having a different problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Whats the actual blue screen error?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Planning on making the switch from console to PC in the next two weeks, what's the general consensus - buy the game now or wait ?

Whats the actual blue screen error?

DirectX error, sometimes NVidia driver error, have tried updating DX, different drivers and still happening.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Planning on making the switch from console to PC in the next two weeks, what's the general consensus - buy the game now or wait ?

Are you playing it on console atm?

Hard to say, while a lot of people have consistent crashes on certain maps (eg me) not everyone is getting it.

Otherwise the game runs brilliantly for me and I am loving it.

The crashes annoy the **** out of me but I know they wont be there forever and I'll be playing this game for a good while. The BF series for me is my main MP Military FPS that isnt a sim (I enjoy arma as well).

I don't enjoy the likes of COD so I can put up with the crashing for now.

But yeah not happy that the latest patch mentions nothing about fixing the crashes.

Tried playing shanghai again last night and crashed 6 times within 14 minutes (3 times loading into the server).

BF3 was smooth sailing for me, never an issue, even in beta. Felt like they tested the game on my exact specs or something :p

(i5 2500k - GTX 580 - 16gb ram)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Crashing for me nearly every time I play it now, seems to have gotten much worse.

Those sound issues still have not been fixed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I was late onto the BF4 scene, only buying late last week.

The single player seems to run fine for me but with online I'm lucky if I can make it through a map without crashing.

I don't get any errors during my crash though. Generally the game just hangs with a music snippet getting stuck on repeat. I end up needing to kill the app via task manager. Frustrating.
    Also just like to point out that once, this happened in the lobby waiting for a game to start. :(

Running Win 7 - 8GB RAM, i5-3570K, GTX 670. Think my gfx settings are pretty high so I'll maybe mess about with them today and see if it improves at all. Doesn't much explain the lobby crash though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Noxin wrote: »
    I was late onto the BF4 scene, only buying late last week.

The single player seems to run fine for me but with online I'm lucky if I can make it through a map without crashing.

I don't get any errors during my crash though. Generally the game just hangs with a music snippet getting stuck on repeat. I end up needing to kill the app via task manager. Frustrating.
    Also just like to point out that once, this happened in the lobby waiting for a game to start. :(

Running Win 7 - 8GB RAM, i5-3570K, GTX 670. Think my gfx settings are pretty high so I'll maybe mess about with them today and see if it improves at all. Doesn't much explain the lobby crash though.

Is your cpu or gpu overclocked? If they are, try going back to stock or at least settings with more margin for stability. I have 3770k and gtx 670 SLI and so far no crashes in multiplayer (only 1 day of playing though...just bought myself). CPU and GPU are overclocked, but not very aggressively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

We're rolling out a new PC game update starting at 11AM UTC Dec 9. We're also rolling out the new server version R15. Between 11-12AM UTC, BF4 multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
    -Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
    -Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
    -Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
    -Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
    -Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
    -Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
    -Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
    -Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
    -Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone else have to download last weeks update 3 times?

The 885mb one? Had to download it every day over the weeekend.

Luck100 wrote: »
    Is your cpu or gpu overclocked? If they are, try going back to stock or at least settings with more margin for stability. I have 3770k and gtx 670 SLI and so far no crashes in multiplayer (only 1 day of playing though...just bought myself). CPU and GPU are overclocked, but not very aggressively.

No OCing at all. Not had the need as of yet. Hopefully the patch today will fix up a few issues. I'll report back later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone else have to download last weeks update 3 times?

The 885mb one? Had to download it every day over the weeekend.

No , but everytime I launch Origin it says it is going to d/l it but then says it is up to date .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent a a single crash since i installed windows 8.1, even managed to complete siege of shanghai too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent a a single crash since i installed windows 8.1, even managed to complete siege of shanghai too.

I've only had one or two when loading maps recently but shanghai was still crashing every time.
    Hopefully today's patch fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Played for about 4 hours over the weekend. No problems with campaign (although the colours of some large objects like ships seemed to look very odd and out of place at times). However i crashed about 4/5 times on multiplayer, usually between matches.

R9 270x, AMD FX-6300, 8Gb RAM

It was going so well. No crashing at all this evening until just now. Dammit anyway. Still better than a crash every map.
    So far the patch has helped a lot for me.

• Advertisement

Since I'm using a GTX260 until my new card arrives, funny enough I'm experiencing only extremely rare crashes (last card happened frequently, though it was 100% fine in other games), wonder if its linked to the fact I'm running at 2560x1080, but all settings low? Wonder if some of the crashes are linked to vram usage.

Advertisement