Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Crashes

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

What exactly do you mean by a crash in multiplayer? Windows error, bsod, game screen frozen? Or do you just get mysteriously dropped from the game and end up back in windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

Most recent patch has seemed to get rid of my frame rate dropping to 10 I'm getting a steady 50-60 fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

Most recent patch has seemed to get rid of my frame rate dropping to 10 I'm getting a steady 50-60 fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Luck100 wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean by a crash in multiplayer? Windows error, bsod, game screen frozen? Or do you just get mysteriously dropped from the game and end up back in windows?

If you mean me, then the game just cuts out to my desktop and i get a ""BF4 has stopped working'' error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Back to crashing for me now too. Same as before. Just a lockup and needing to kill via task manager. *sigh*

• Advertisement

Eoin247 wrote: »
    If you mean me, then the game just cuts out to my desktop and i get a ""BF4 has stopped working'' error message.

Ok, I haven't got that (not yet anyway). I got mysteriously dropped from a server once, but no windows error or crash.

I only bought bf4 late last week, but so far it seems to be running a lot smoother than I expected given all the complaints out there. Currently running 1440p, ultra everything and it's locked at 60 fps almost all the time (vsync + frame limiter set to 61 fps). Maps with rain dip below 60 occasionally, but then I just disable MSAA and it's back locked at 60 fps again. No stutter or tearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mine appears to be much improved, no desktop crashes now in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I have been pretty stable since the China Rising patch. Before I was mostly getting Direct X Crashes, but they seemed to have sorted it for my Card. Its a GTX660TI. Have had a GPU Driver update in the meantime too so maybe that helped.

So turns out I'm not alone on my issue as I previously thought (due to getting no errors etc)

Found a full thread on the battlefield forums called Soundloop crash issues. No guarenteed fix as of yet but at least some information.

LINKY

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Switched to a GTX 760 and it's was running fine, but I'm getting repeated sound looping crashes on Gaellords there now on Paracel Rush. :mad:

• Advertisement

Starting to get crashes in multiplayer now :(

I checked the last one in Windows event log viewer and it shows as exception code 0xc0000005

My crashes have stopped but my general performance seems down a bit. Stuttering if I do a quick 180. Again if there are huge explosions near me. This wasn't the case before.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mojojojoprime

My crashes seem to be constant and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Every single game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Haven't had a crash in weeks , I wonder what the difference is . Any of ye with crashes overclocking ?

Or any of ye using HDMI Audio , that had one of our guys crashing until he changed it .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crashes normally, crashes overclocked, crashes underclocked, mostly randomly. I've given up on the game for now. Glad I didn't buy premium!

Advertisement