Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

powemax conplete sensor problem

Options
  • 02-11-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I recently got low battery message and replaced battery. The low battery message is gone from the panel but the sensor is flashing on and off continuously, anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

I seem to have sorted the problem by deleting the zone and reinstalling, now the lcd seems to have failed cannot see anything on the screen apart from backlight.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I dont think there is a contrast adjust on that panel.
    Here is the user guide in case I missed it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMmM3ZDhkYTAtOGI5NC00MGJmLWJiZWUtYTFiMDU2OGMyYjU2/edit?usp=sharing

Other than that try powering it down completely and power back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

could it be the main panel battery is dead and is pulling the system down ?
    the sensor light flashing constantly sounds like a bad start up. remove the battery and short the terminals then replace the battery.

got the sensor sorted. I plugged out the control panel and it is still active I get the amber triangle and warning tones. The backup battery appears to be still working. The system is working. and can be armed and disarmed using the keyfob. The panel is three years old now would it go that quickly?

KoolKid wrote: »
    I dont think there is a contrast adjust on that panel.
    Here is the user guide in case I missed it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMmM3ZDhkYTAtOGI5NC00MGJmLWJiZWUtYTFiMDU2OGMyYjU2/edit?usp=sharing

Other than that try powering it down completely and power back up again.

just wondering if I power the system down and the lcd display no longer works will I be left with nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    just wondering if I power the system down and the lcd display no longer works will I be left with nothing?

If you power down the system. Battery and mains, all programming will remain on the system.

Will give it a go, how long does it normally take to power down. Just wondering will alarm go off as battery getting close to dead. Have 7 month old in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    Will give it a go, how long does it normally take to power down. Just wondering will alarm go off as battery getting close to dead. Have 7 month old in the house.

Down power for 10 seconds and then power up.
    Once the system is off and you down power it should not sound.
    I would leave it till day time just to be on the safe side tho :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With most electronic devices like an alarm I would always power off for at least a minute it just gives everything a chance to discharge.

ok when I power off it remains on battery power, just to be clear will I wait the few hours until the backup battery fully discharges and then wait the minute. Or is it plug out of the wall switch off for a minute. It just I get that annoying error beep every 30 seconds when I switch off at the mains.

• Advertisement

No , just open the battery compartment at the rear and disconnect the battery.
    After a minute power it up on the mains first, then reconnect the battery.

Ok, will give it a go, just one last question, is there a tamper on the control panel I must watch out for.

Yes its on the rear, but as your powering the system down don't worry about it.
    It lines up pretty easy and should close OK once you remount the panel on the base.

Thanks lads for all the help, Just powered it down this morning while the house was empty. The LCD panel is back working again.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it sorted..

Advertisement