Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car failed NCT on emissions

Options
  • 02-11-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Put my 1997 1.2 corsa through the nct earlier and it failed on emissions , here are the readings

Low idle CO 0.60 vol% above 0.5% fail

High Idle CO 0.85 vol% above 0.3% fail

Lambda was 1.00
    Engine Temp was 100 C

So i was just wondering if Dipetane would work for lowering the CO , considering on high idle it is nearly 3 times too high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Fully service recently including plugs and air filter? Is it sluggish or misfiring or running badly in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rufio777

couldnt see dipetane being enough, id say its a new cat you'll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Philip424

Yeah recently just got a full service , and it is very sluggish at times . If I put my foot down the car chugs for a few seconds before driving as it should . It also smells very strongly of petrol . There was a japspeed backbox and cat on the car when i bought it last year , these looked quite new at the time so im not sure a new cat would help here . Thanks for the reply's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Get the car checked over by a mechanic about the sluggishness. Sounds like your coil pack/ignition or a sensor is gone. Worth doing anyway as your fuel economy will be suffering and won't be helping your high CO due to running rich air fuel ratio. A japseed cat on a corsa, must have been for d'turbo:confused::P.Get an genuine opel exhaust/cat from a scrap yard.

Ask your self is it worth fixing. Try and get a price for the work to be done first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Philip424

Cheers thanks a million.

• Advertisement
Advertisement