Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING: Eircom efibre sales tactics!

• 02-11-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was mis-sold efibre on 03/05/13 by a sales agent with initials EH (a middle-aged man who used to sell PVC windows). He promised efibre at 30 euro a month, for 18 month contract period, installed within 2 weeks. All of this was lies and I of course should have phoned eircom to confirm and then told them to cancel.

Eircom started out by overcharging me and have not delivered the efibre they promised.

I have gone through the formal complaint process with eircom, but as I have signed the contract, they refuse any liability.

I would advise you to boycott this company as they are clearly using false sales tactics in order to get new costumers.
    BE WARNED!
    Best regards,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eddie Hobbs?:D

Shock horror...a salesman tells lies to make a sale.

I've said it before here and I'll say it again...never buy anything on the doorstep, especially something that involves a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

now that you have exhausted the eircom complaint process you can now get comreg involved. You email eircom with the complaint details and cc to comreg and then await developments. NB make sure you email the right department at eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starcaster75

Thanks GBCULLEN. I will move things on to comreg.

Kaizersoze: I am aware I was being naive. I just think it is worth knowing that a company such as eircom is not above using these tactics deliberately…. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I wasn't having a go at you Starcaster75. You're not alone.
    Reps at the door for all the utilities are usually from an agency, operate on commission only and not direct employees of the companies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was mis-sold efibre on 03/05/13 by a sales agent with initials EH (a middle-aged man who used to sell PVC windows). He promised efibre at 30 euro a month, for 18 month contract period, installed within 2 weeks. All of this was lies and I of course should have phoned eircom to confirm and then told them to cancel.

Eircom started out by overcharging me and have not delivered the efibre they promised.

I have gone through the formal complaint process with eircom, but as I have signed the contract, they refuse any liability.

I would advise you to boycott this company as they are clearly using false sales tactics in order to get new costumers.
    BE WARNED!
    Best regards,
    C

Cheapest eircom efibre is €35 a month, you would have signed a paper form with the exact price and the exact up to speed you were agreeing to.

I can't see how you were mislead, you signed a form agreeing to the exact price plan, speed and contract period.

Eircom reps can't promise anything except what's on that paper form. Vodafone have a very similar sign up procedure. Sky I think is different.

Neither Vodafone or Eircom operate on a commission only basis, reps get a standard wage regardless. If they get a large volume of sales then they are rewarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Reps at the door for all the utilities are usually from an agency, operate on commission only and not direct employees of the companies.
    And are frequently blatant liars. And while they may not be direct employees of the utility, they are representing them and the company has a duty to make sure customers are not being spun a pack of lies on their behalf.
    Sully wrote: »
    I can't see how you were mislead, you signed a form agreeing to the exact price plan, speed and contract period.
    The salesman lied to him and said he would get it cheaper than the written price - and you can't see how the OP was misled?
    Neither Vodafone or Eircom operate on a commission only basis, reps get a standard wage regardless. If they get a large volume of sales then they are rewarded.
    Six of one; half dozen of the other. The more people they hoodwink with lies, the more they get paid - whether that be commission or bonus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

And are frequently blatant liars. And while they may not be direct employees of the utility, they are representing them and the company has a duty to make sure customers are not being spun a pack of lies on their behalf.

And they do, as does comreg.

The salesman lied to him and said he would get it cheaper than the written price - and you can't see how the OP was misled?

Where does it say anything about a written price?

Six of one; half dozen of the other. The more people they hoodwink with lies, the more they get paid - whether that be commission or bonus.

Not really, you would need to be very high on the sales chart to get bonus - there designed to be hard to reach. If a complaint goes in that you mislead a customer your job is on the line.

Advertisement