Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various sheep jobs

Options
  • 12-10-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Ewes all tailed today and marked for their respective rams. Noticed a couple of hoggets that I bought away from the other ewes at gathering and on closer inspection realised they had got cloudy eyes. Ended up with a dozen all showing signs of early blindness or cloudy eye so injected them in the eyelid with 2ml alamycin and a dry cow tube. Vet says she's seem a lot of it at the moment but I've never had as many cases all at once. All bought in sheep were quarantined for a month on arrival. Couldn't find the char ram when I went to feed them this morning and thought he might be in another field but never got a chance to look for him. My neighbour brought him home tonight as he got a call saying a ram was on the road and was it his, the fecker was more than two miles from the field he got out of and on a very busy road. Good neighbours are worth their salt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Ewes all tailed today and marked for their respective rams. Noticed a couple of hoggets that I bought away from the other ewes at gathering and on closer inspection realised they had got cloudy eyes. Ended up with a dozen all showing signs of early blindness or cloudy eye so injected them in the eyelid with 2ml alamycin and a dry cow tube. Vet says she's seem a lot of it at the moment but I've never had as many cases all at once. All bought in sheep were quarantined for a month on arrival. Couldn't find the char ram when I went to feed them this morning and thought he might be in another field but never got a chance to look for him. My neighbour brought him home tonight as he got a call saying a ram was on the road and was it his, the fecker was more than two miles from the field he got out of and on a very busy road. Good neighbours are worth their salt.

U we're lucky Ag. Was there ewes next door or was there a dog what drove him to break out. Thank god haven't had cloudy ewes. Did get 2 ewes today with maggots in them in October. Must be a new record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

sea12 wrote: »
    U we're lucky Ag. Was there ewes next door or was there a dog what drove him to break out. Thank god haven't had cloudy ewes. Did get 2 ewes today with maggots in them in October. Must be a new record.

He's just very fecking horny :D - no ewes in immediate fields he was with 6 other rams and proably fed up getting buggered :eek:, he's not due to go in for another week until teaser finishes..

Advertisement