Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes for lambs and ewes in the factory

Options
  • 18-10-2013 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Anybody get quotes for lambs and ewes in the factory for next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

sea12 wrote: »
    Anybody get quotes for lambs and ewes in the factory for next week?

rang agent about ewes , he said not much interest (usual reply to me)

€2 / Kg

I decided to hold back for another couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

jomoloney wrote: »
    rang agent about ewes , he said not much interest (usual reply to me)

€2 / Kg

I decided to hold back for another couple of weeks

I got 2.05 for ewes and 4.50 for lambs. Was another 5 cent available for bird bia but I'm not in that yet but will do it for next year. Need to clear them as there all fit to go.

I got 2.05 for ewes and 4.50 for lambs. Was another 5 cent available for bird bia but I'm not in that yet but will do it for next year. Need to clear them as there all fit to go.

any harm to ask what money you got them into ? if I could net about €80 I'd let them off

I'm QA with bord bia forgot to mention it to them

we used to go to kildare in the past but switched to camolin lately

any harm to ask what money you got them into ? if I could net about €80 I'd let them off

There only being killed Monday so I'll let u know then.

The ewes made an average of 74. Bit disappointed with that as they were in very good shape.

The lambs made an average of 91. Best one made 97. Overall % kill out was 44%. Thought it would be higher but I suppose it is October.

• Advertisement

The ewes made an average of 74. Bit disappointed with that as they were in very good shape.

The lambs made an average of 91. Best one made 97. Overall % kill out was 44%. Thought it would be higher but I suppose it is October.

thanks,

I'll let mine off next week or the week after, most of mine appear to be in good nick although some of them are ancient ,

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭easymoney!

had you many ewes to kill sea12? what factory was this in?

easymoney! wrote: »
    had you many ewes to kill sea12? what factory was this in?

Kildare. No only a few that were not fit to go earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭easymoney!

Kildare. No only a few that were not fit to go earlier.

i do feed culls ewes starting to buy at the moment its hard to get in with a factory at it but kildare seem to be best deal with icm usually,, the ewe qoutes should start lifting from now in

Advertisement