Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel on iPad

• 02-11-2013 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent app for using Microsoft Excel? I've tried most of them but non so far are what I'm looking for. I want to be able to keep and use the formatting as if I was using a PC. For example, I have cells formatted with drop down options for entering times into a time sheet. All the apps I've tried don't allow this formatting.

Any help would be great, cheers..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

In order to narrow the list of recommendations, what apps have you tried that failed to fulfil your needs?

As posted, your request is like my favourite one ever in Motors: "What tyres do I need for my BMW?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

mathepac wrote: »
    In order to narrow the list of recommendations, what apps have you tried that failed to fulfil your needs?

As posted, your request is like my favourite one ever in Motors: "What tyres do I need for my BMW?" :D

Haha, fair comment. :D

I'd say I've tried nearly all of the free apps, including Quick Office. I've not tried the Apple apps or any of the paid apps as they are quite expensive. Didn't want to try them without asking opinions first. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Documents to Go is good..

Not included above is Mariner Calc XLS for iOS. Mariner SoftWare has a long history on Mac --> https://www.marinersoftware.com/products/calcxls/ about $6.

You may have to "Save As..." from Excel to get a compatible spread-sheet for an iOS app. Which version of Excel is it?

• Advertisement

mathepac wrote: »
    Not included above is Mariner Calc XLS for iOS. Mariner SoftWare has a long history on Mac --> https://www.marinersoftware.com/products/calcxls/ about $6.

You may have to "Save As..." from Excel to get a compatible spread-sheet for an iOS app. Which version of Excel is it?

It's Office 2010 I use on Win7 Ultimate.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll take a look through them all. :)

Turns out that QuickOffice does exactly what I want it to do... When I write the formula correctly! *Facepalm*

Thanks for the suggestions anyway...

Lardy wrote: »
    Turns out that QuickOffice does exactly what I want it to do... When I write the formula correctly! *Facepalm* ...
    Thanks for the update.

Is that a re-write from Excel or was Excel wrong to begin with?

The problem I was having was, in Excel on the PC, the cells where formatted with drop down options that can be selected when the cell is highlighted. However, when I open the xlsx document in Quickoffice, it won't allow me to select from a drop down list so I have to type the correct option into the cell, in the right format for the equation to work.

Hope that makes sense. Ha

Advertisement