Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90's grunge/alternative bar

Options
  • 02-11-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Are there any decent bars in town that will play a bit of 90's grunge or alternative music? I'm gone off bruxelles and gypsy rose. Downstairs in the international has a good jukebox but it's a bit of a dump.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hope someone is able to come up with something good! Used to love going to Fighting Cocks in Kingston when I lived in London wish there was somewhere similar here. It was almost worth the trip to Galway to go to the Roisin a few years back when it was good there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Well there's Fibbers obviously.

Decent music in Cassidy's on Westmoreland street also.

Saturday nights at O'Reillys beside Tara street dart station are great.
    Class music and 3.40 pints all night (+ 2 euro tequilas!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

I was in Pmacs opposite the Hairy Lemon last week and it was 90's rock and grunge all night. Really nice bar with a great craft beer selection and a heap of snugs. They're a sister bar of Cassidy's but a far nicer experience. My only complaint being that they got rid of the beer garden that used to be out the back when it was Bia Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Uaru wrote: »
    I was in Pmacs opposite the Hairy Lemon last week and it was 90's rock and grunge all night. Really nice bar with a great craft beer selection and a heap of snugs. They're a sister bar of Cassidy's but a far nicer experience. My only complaint being that they got rid of the beer garden that used to be out the back when it was Bia Bar.

What night was it? Would like to check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

I was there on Tuesday. I'd imagine it'll be the same most nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Uaru wrote: »
    I was there on Tuesday. I'd imagine it'll be the same most nights.

Yea, I spoke to them on Twitter and it's sort of an official music policy. I can't wait to check it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Try Lannigans on Eden Quay...one part is an old man's pub the other is a rock/indie/90's sort of place with spooky decor...it's in a world of its own with regard to atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rubat

Try peadar kearneys on dame street, some pretty good music in the downstairs basement part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulgrogan

grunge
    bit of a dump

:confused:

Call yourself grunge, eh? EH!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

paulgrogan wrote: »
    :confused:

Call yourself grunge, eh? EH!?!
    Ha. Indeed.

The jacks down there is a sight to behold although not a patch on the jacks in Kennedy's near tara st before it was done up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

P.Macs is great, went in on Friday for the first time, really looking forward to going back!

Advertisement