Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EID handheld reader

• 18-10-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

just off the phone with the software guys there now - have got my EID handheld reader all set up now with all the sheep entered on it and ready to roll for tupping. Expensive bit of kit or new fangled toy as the father says, so i'm looking forward to using it and really scrutinising data from all ewes from now on if i'm gonna make this sheep enterprise pay. I know i'm gonna have to be strict with myself to enter all data and run the reports but it will beat my fag box scribbles.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭premier10

Antrim. not being noisey but how much expensive was it up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

It was 1350 for the psion reader and unlimited flock number software but I got a 40% grant on it or else I wouldn't have been buying it so really cost me £810. Tried to buy an electronic scales conversion kit from o'donovan engineering to fit to my clock scales but they wanted about £800 for it so I'll have to look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

It was 1350 for the psion reader and unlimited flock number software but I got a 40% grant on it or else I wouldn't have been buying it so really cost me £810. Tried to buy an electronic scales conversion kit from o'donovan engineering to fit to my clock scales but they wanted about £800 for it so I'll have to look elsewhere.

Some people around here didn't get on well with their scales conversion, was half interested in one before I bought the prattley, glad now I didn't go for the conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jippers

Antrim, Do you just use the Psion or do you use the PC software aswell? How do you find it? I'm looking at buying one currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Jippers wrote: »
    Antrim, Do you just use the Psion or do you use the PC software aswell? How do you find it? I'm looking at buying one currently.

No i use the software, all updated on that screen when i download from the handheld. As razor says, you get what you enter out of it. Useful tool especially when using eid tags as we've been doing now for about eight years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement