Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet shave

Options
  • 02-11-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Anybody know of where you would get a wet shave in Drogheda?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

db7 on peter st-ask for ericka ! €20 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

blingrhino wrote: »
    db7 on peter st-ask for ericka ! €20 i think.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Southgate Barbers.
    I don't know what they charge, but it cant pay them as a barber can get through 4 cuts in the time it takes to complete a wet shave. They certainly don't rush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

I had a wet shave in Southgate a good while ago, I think it was 20 quid.
    Strangest wet shave I've ever had.
    He sort of glided slightly above the bristle with the cut-throat razor and then finished off with a disposable blade. :confused:
    Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the cut-throat?
    Lashed on plenty of hot/cold towels though....which was nice.....

CPL 593H

The cut throat was more than likely a disposable as well.
    Look up Merkeur razors, and feather blades (saftey razor blades..they are lethal :-). A great combination.

I think Southgate use Derby blades, which among the wet shaving fraternity, Derby are considered one of the best brands. Feather blades are incredibly sharp, and hence not very forgiving.

Take a look at www.shaving.ie
    Also plenty of youtube videos for shaving as well, once you get away from your cartridge blades you will never go back.

• Advertisement

Holy sh!t, just checked prices on www.shaving.ie

Merkur Progress Long Handle 510001 €62.95 EUR
    I paid €45.99 EUR 4 years ago, some serious inflation there.
    And the feather blades have gone up by 50%. I generally bulk buy blades by the 100, about same prices as pack of certain well known brands. I actually found some great Russian blades for less than €1 a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Lads,

Thanks for all the reply's.

From ringing around a few places I looks like it would take around 2 hours to get through 3 of us. It was meant to be something to do the morning of a wedding but the groom had no interest in spending that long in a barbers on that morning.

Thanks again.

Advertisement