Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Libraries Error

Options
  • 02-11-2013 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭

Hey so I have a HP Windows 8 laptop, less than a year old.

I have just realised that I cannot access anything in my libraries any more. If I click a folder it loads and then closes down after a few seconds and returns to the desktop screen and resembles just like it would when you start up your laptop. I know that's hard to understand, but basically the library closes on it's own and the screen blinks just like it would when you'd first start your laptop and then the desktop items etc. all appear.

It is not the error as seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQDwZpgbIo

But can anyone help me out? I cannot access anything in my libraries. That includes when I put in a USB. I cannot access it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hey so I have a HP Windows 8 laptop, less than a year old.

I have just realised that I cannot access anything in my libraries any more. If I click a folder it loads and then closes down after a few seconds and returns to the desktop screen and resembles just like it would when you start up your laptop. I know that's hard to understand, but basically the library closes on it's own and the screen blinks just like it would when you'd first start your laptop and then the desktop items etc. all appear.

It is not the error as seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQDwZpgbIo

But can anyone help me out? I cannot access anything in my libraries. That includes when I put in a USB. I cannot access it.
    Did you change user account settings recently like your username / email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Have you tried opening anything other than the libraries? For example if you can open My Computer, then navigate to the c drive, then Users, you will eventually find your main documents and pictures folders. When you say the Libraries are disappearing it sounds like Windows Explorer is crashing. This could be due to a damaged hard disc, but by trying accessing your files in the manner above you will know for sure. You could also try booting Windows in safe mode (google for a guide) and this may give you access to your files so at least you can back them up.

Advertisement