Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUITAR strings - need replacing

Options
  • 02-11-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi i broke the bottom string (RH guitar) on ym guitar that I had just bought by tuning it too tight, i'm only a beginner!!

Waltons said string(s) cost between 90 cent to 3 EURO. Do they fix fix/replace strings for free or is there a charge does anyone know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'd be very surprised if they had a problem helping you with it. It's worth learning to do it for yourself, it's a skill you'll need, and in fairness, while it might be a little daunting at first, it's really very easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Have a look on youtube, there are plenty of tutorials there on how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

May as well dive in and learn how to do it yourself! You'll have to at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I learned how to restring with a Youtube video many years ago. It's surprisingly easy. Buy two packs of strings just in case and get practising.

Advertisement