Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting only one LC Subject?

• 02-11-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,
    I did my lc in 2011 and got 390 points.
    I'm thinking about going back to college and was wondering is it possible to sit only one or two subjects to push my points up?

The course I'm looking at was 450 in 2013, so I'm wondering if there's anyway to try and get the extra points.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Unfortunately you have to do at least 6 subjects in that case.
    If its the case of, for example, failing maths but having the points to get into a subject you can go back and resit the one subject,
    But if you want to raise your points you have to sit 6 subjects and then use those points. You can't combine points from two different years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

^^ What peeks said.

The 450 points you need can only be earned through one sitting on the Leaving Cert. You'd have to do the Leaving Cert again, you can't do one subject and add the points on.

If it's a case of failing one subject or not meeting a requirement, you can redo that exam the year after and be accepted into courses that require that subject.

Say if you got an D in Maths and 400 points but the course you wanted needs a C or higher, you can redo just Maths the next year and get the C. Your 400 points will remain unchanged but you will have the C in maths.

Advertisement