Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull v Sunderland - Horror Tackle

• 02-11-2013 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Just watching this game as United's is finished (1st half)

Dosseno with one of the worst tackles I've seen for some time to put their side down to 10 men.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tom Hanks wrote: »

Dosseno with one of the worst tackles I've seen for some time to put their side down to 10 men.

9 no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Down to 9 now,Cattermole also sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Tom Hanks wrote: »

They are down to 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Looking on Livescores, him and Clatterbones sent off at the same time? What happened, there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disgusting challenge, absolutely disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    Looking on Livescores, him and Clatterbones sent off at the same time? What happened, there?

Tag team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tag team

Jaysus. Not sure I even wanna see that :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dossena's tackle was shocking, even if he was attempting to do something with the ball, the only thing i can think that he wanted to do was burst the ball with his studs.

And Cattermole should be banned from football, his career should be ended before he ends someone elses.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There was a minute or so in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jaysus. Not sure I even wanna see that :/

Wasn't really, haven't seen it yet but a friend said it's one of the worst he's ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lee Cattermole was sent off for the seventh time in the PL; only three players (Vieira, Dunne, Ferguson) have seen red more often. Rash.

Which Dunne is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Video or a Gif?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mike65 wrote: »
    Which Dunne is that?

Richard.

That's Cattermole's 8th red altogether.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Dossena's tackle was shocking, even if he was attempting to do something with the ball, the only thing i can think that he wanted to do was burst the ball with his studs.

And Cattermole should be banned from football, his career should be ended before he ends someone elses.

Cattermole's wasn't even a red card, stop being so dramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Richard Dunne with 7? :eek: I know he's had a few didn't realise that was that bad though I'd bet a few were of the comedy rather than nasty variety.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BYE_aemCMAEAryN.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

mike65 wrote: »
    Richard Dunne with 7? :eek: I know he's had a few didn't realise that was that bad though I'd bet a few were of the comedy rather than nasty variety.

He had 8

Paully D wrote: »
    Cattermole's wasn't even a red card, stop being so dramatic.

Not being dramatic. It was a red card. And he is a horrible tackler in general. It's a matter of time before he ends a career.
    There are players that go out and play hard, nothing wrong with that, but he goes out of his way to hurt other players.

The annoying part is, that he is a decent player outside that side of his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Sorry lads, it was indeed down to 9. My bad.

Honestly though, I watched it Live & in HD.... Sorry I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Horrible tackle on Meyler.I bet he's shook after already having two career threatening cruciate ligament injuries in 2010 and 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hi moral outrage brigade! *waves*

Welcome to a fast paced competitive contact sport. Looks like the player was sent off and will be banned accordingly. Grand job. This has always been part of the game, and hopefully always will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

As my old PE teacher used to say; "if you cant get the ball, get the man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not being dramatic. It was a red card. And he is a horrible tackler in general. It's a matter of time before he ends a career.
    There are players that go out and play hard, nothing wrong with that, but he goes out of his way to hurt other players.

The annoying part is, that he is a decent player outside that side of his game.

He really isnt.

He really isnt.

Why has he spent all 9 years of his career in the Premier League and captained three different Premier League clubs then?

Robbie Brady just booked for a challenge the same as (arguably worse) than Cattermole's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

No video?

Why has he spent all 9 years of his career in the Premier League and captained three different Premier League clubs then?

Plenty of very average players ply their trade in the EPL, as for being a captain, it doesnt mean you are a good player, means you may have leadership skills, when he was young he was decent nowadays Jack Colback makes him look bad.

Plenty of very average players ply their trade in the EPL, as for being a captain, it doesnt mean you are a good player, means you may have leadership skills, when he was young he was decent nowadays Jack Colback makes him look bad.

They do, but they don't tend to last too long, and certainly not as a regular for 9 years. Any examples of these very average players who have played in the league for as long as Cattermole?

Sorry, but that's rubbish re: Colback. Colback is nowhere as good as Cattermole, absolutely nowhere near.

They do, but they don't tend to last too long, and certainly not as a regular for 9 years. Any examples of these very average players who have played in the league for as long as Cattermole?

Sorry, but that's rubbish re: Colback. Colback is nowhere as good as Cattermole, absolutely nowhere near.

Well he very much outshone him in the Weir/Tyne lastweek, getting MOTM i believe. To name average players off the top of my head; Downing, Bardsley, Whelan, Baird, im sure i could go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think you are being harsh on Colback there, when Colback is in his natural position, like last week his quality shines through.

Maybe being partnered with Cattermole helped, I rate Cattermole highly like yourself, but just when I think he has finally dealt with that side of his game he goes and gets sent off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cattermoles looked very harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Soups123 wrote: »
    Cattermoles looked very harsh

I wonder was it a case of reputation helped make up the decision of the referee .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I wonder was it a case of reputation helped make up the decision of the referee .

That is definitely what it was, It was very harsh upon seeing that, but I am still disappointed with him because he knows it does not take much for him to see red.

I read elsewhere, can't remember where that the Hull guys boot was ripped, can't see how that could have happened from the above vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If Cattermoles red was a straight red then thats a feckin joke.

The hull player completely over-reacted,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Elmmohamady made a meal of that tackle it has to be said. Cattermole should know better though, opening himself up making tackles like that with his rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's a bad tackle but not what I'd call a horror tackle.

First red was laughable...

The second.... well..... commentary said he deserved two straight reds & they were correct imo.

Meant it & nailed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Welcome to a fast paced competitive contact sport. Looks like the player was sent off and will be banned accordingly. Grand job. This has always been part of the game, and hopefully always will.

:confused:

Do you actually enjoy seeing "tackles" like that in the game? Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

**** me is Meyler alright? If he is he's fierce lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Just saw it on MOTD. What a horrible tackle. Really deserves a long ban for a tackle like that. Hope Meyler is alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Can't really agree with comments suggesting that 'Cattermole should have known better, given his reputation.'

How is he supposed to play if he thinks like that? He has to work on the assumption that the ref will treat every player equally.

Catermole can't tackle & what we seen today was a man that flew in & completely mis-timed a tackle accidentally.

That's the story of his career....

Then you see someone going out of his way to stamp down into a player to inflict serious damage.

The reason Catermole went was because of the speed that player took the hit, it looked worse than what it was.

First look.... sending off...

The other.... looked an accident.. until the benefit of the replay.

Fair play to the ref on the second, good call & I hope that's not the end of it for that s**mbag.

It's a bad tackle but not what I'd call a horror tackle.

The intent was to do serious damage, If his leg ended up being broke over that, nobody would have been suprised.

That's a Horror Tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jesus!

That deserves a multi game at the very least. Horrendous stuff.

Regarding Cattermole. Harsh but his studs looked to be showing. Player made a fooking meal out of it though.
    Edit: Very harsh yellow at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Cattermoles tackle was no worse than the brady one - 2 yellows would have sufficed - the other one was red.

Jernal wrote: »
    Jesus!

That deserves a multi game at the very least. Horrendous stuff.

Regarding Cattermole. Harsh but his studs looked to be showing. Player made a fooking meal out of it though.
    Edit: Very harsh yellow at the most.

I think we can all agree Cattermole's was a Yellow card without an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Hi *big strong its a mans game brigade*

Ask David Meyler, an actual professional football player that actually plays the game if he'd enjoy that sort of tackle 'hopefully' always being a part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Cattermole's was never a red, the other was a shocker and deserves a few game ban.

Ref's shouldn't be taking players reputation into account during games and I hope Cattermole's is downgraded on appeal.

:confused:

Do you actually enjoy seeing "tackles" like that in the game? Bizarre.

Lloyd's a proper man. No PC or health and safety bull**** with him. No posting when his team is doing well with a manager he dislikes either, he's a proper geezer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement