Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tactics grrrr

Options
  • 02-11-2013 5:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭

Put no kicking level for my own 22 and 10% for in general with 100% kick for touch!

Playing a game and every time I get near the line they kick it territorially. Cost me a win against my main rival for survival. GRRRR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Pen.Island wrote: »
    Put no kicking level for my own 22 and 10% for in general with 100% kick for touch!

Playing a game and every time I get near the line they kick it territorially. Cost me a win against my main rival for survival. GRRRR

They're pretty tricky alright. I've no idea how I'm doing, because the teams I've played against have all changed significantly since last time. May have to set up some anytime friendlies to figure it all out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

FewFew wrote: »
    They're pretty tricky alright. I've no idea how I'm doing, because the teams I've played against have all changed significantly since last time. May have to set up some anytime friendlies to figure it all out.

I think this is my 4th season, so been relegated from Div 3 already, and got promoted again. Have a chance to stay up with there being a bot in the league. The team I was playing today was ranked just ahead of me and lost by 2 points. The only time I scored/came close was when I made a line break from inside my own half. Very annoying watching and seeing kicking inside the 5m line.

I think this is my 4th season, so been relegated from Div 3 already, and got promoted again. Have a chance to stay up with there being a bot in the league. The team I was playing today was ranked just ahead of me and lost by 2 points. The only time I scored/came close was when I made a line break from inside my own half. Very annoying watching and seeing kicking inside the 5m line.

I actually haven't had a chance to read through any of the matches this season, so I've no idea what my team are up to (apart from getting injured all the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

any chance you were playing a lot of create inside there 22?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

seanand wrote: »
    any chance you were playing a lot of create inside there 22?

Nope. I had about 40% pick and go and then reduced each down along the line (i.e less for driving, less for expansive, less for creative).

Perhaps I never clicked save on my next lineup, but I'm sure I had the default setting at hardly any kicking. I'm gonna go check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

So far I haven't had any results I consider better than what I would get with overall tactics, in fact I still favour the overall at the moment

Phonehead wrote: »
    So far I haven't had any results I consider better than what I would get with overall tactics, in fact I still favour the overall at the moment

I'm thinking of heading that way too.

iv been playing tactics youd expect to play in real life with both my main and irish team and have noticed that my well rounded irish team have preformed very well with it and my zim team have been a big let down.

tho must admit that my irish were on the up before the new tactics

iv been playing tactics youd expect to play in real life with both my main and irish team and have noticed that my well rounded irish team have preformed very well with it and my zim team have been a big let down.

tho must admit that my irish were on the up before the new tactics

I'm playing what you'd expect, but I fear the ME isn't set up to cater for such things, so it's completely possible to take advantage of its limitations.

as i siad maybe you need a rounded team to prob use it but i havent tested enough to see if theres any "cheat codes". tho thinking about purely about attacking a defense doing lots of creative and png then lots of expansion and png and lots of driving and creative in different areas will surely work?

• Advertisement

as i siad maybe you need a rounded team to prob use it but i havent tested enough to see if theres any "cheat codes". tho thinking about purely about attacking a defense doing lots of creative and png then lots of expansion and png and lots of driving and creative in different areas will surely work?

Ah my team is nothing if not rounded. Like a sphere. :)

Advertisement