Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICSI

Options
  • 02-11-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am currently undergoing icsi treatment in the hari unit in the rotunda hospital, i was just wondering has anybody undergone this treatment and was it a success? I would be greatful for any feed back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

dh774 wrote: »
    I am currently undergoing icsi treatment in the hari unit in the rotunda hospital, i was just wondering has anybody undergone this treatment and was it a success? I would be greatful for any feed back

Hi, we used ICSI when having IVF done and 5 out of six eggs fertilised with all of them making it to day 6. Unfortunately it didn't get any further than that.

ICSI was sprung on us at the last minute so had no time to think about it. Our issue was morphology was slightly out of normal range. Looking back I would of liked to have tried half and half,. I am very much aware of the science behind it all but would of liked the option of at least trying to have a natural selection. We will be more prepared on the next go hopefully!

Best of luck with your treatment. its a horrible, scary emotional rollercoaster, I found it very hard to stay rational during the two week wait, but one day it will be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bvon

Hi, I was just wondering would anyone have an idea on how much to expect the cost of ICSI in the Hari Clinic ? We have been advised on ICSI there but we are currently struggling to come up with the money.
    Your advice would be greatly appreciated as I am totally confused with the price listing jargon.

Bvon wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering would anyone have an idea on how much to expect the cost of ICSI in the Hari Clinic ? We have been advised on ICSI there but we are currently struggling to come up with the money.
    Your advice would be greatly appreciated as I am totally confused with the price listing jargon.
    ICSI is usually about 900-1000€ added on to the cost of the IVF treatment.

Seems the Hari price is 4900€ which seems pretty resonable. Maybe someone else could advise if that includes meds tests, scans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dh774

Thank you very much for your reply, just trying to keep positive and hope for the best it has been a very long road and hopefully it will be worth it in the end
    I wish you all the best on your next try.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bvon

ICSI is usually about 900-1000€ added on to the cost of the IVF treatment.

Seems the Hari price is 4900€ which seems pretty resonable. Maybe someone else could advise if that includes meds tests, scans etc.

Yes thats right, they charge extra for bloods etc.. But you know when people try a 2nd or 3rd time do they psy the whole fee again
    Cheers

• Advertisement

It would depend. I think most places will accept test results within 6 months -1 year. After that they will have to be repeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

Have gone through 5 cycles of ICSI.

1 - No Pregnancy
    2 - Full success (daughter is now 3 years old)
    3 - Pregnant - No Hearbeat on first scan
    4 - Pregnant - No Hearbeat on first scan
    5 - Pregnant - No Pregnancy

All in all we're happy as we had one success, but you've gotta be willing to roll with the punches along the way ...

Ah im glad to hear ya had some success.im onlxm 26 so im hoping that i have my age going for me. Thanks for your reply

Hi,
    I am just wondering I had my embryo transfer today they transferred a 6 cell grade 1 embryo has anybody had and success with a 6 cell embryo?

What day was it dh? 3? You will always find success and sadly failure with every type of grade of embryo.
    Best of luck with the tww, its such a roller coaster of emotions. Try to stay away from google as it will drive you crazy!

• Advertisement

What day was it dh? 3? You will always find success and sadly failure with every type of grade of embryo.
    Best of luck with the tww, its such a roller coaster of emotions. Try to stay away from google as it will drive you crazy!

I had a day 3 transfer, I'm only on day 2 and I'm going crazy already, did you have this treatment?

Haven't had a day three transfer but had two ICSI cycles. First one was negative, but the second resulted in a positive. I'm currently 17w with twins. Another fertility board that I am on has heaps of success stories with 3d emybros of varying quality.
    Two week wait is really one of the worst things anyone could go through. A lot of early pregnancy symptoms are the same as peroid symptoms, if you are anything like me, it's two weeks of extreme positivity swinging to extreme negativity.

Haven't had a day three transfer but had two ICSI cycles. First one was negative, but the second resulted in a positive. I'm currently 17w with twins. Another fertility board that I am on has heaps of success stories with 3d emybros of varying quality.
    Two week wait is really one of the worst things anyone could go through. A lot of early pregnancy symptoms are the same as peroid symptoms, if you are anything like me, it's two weeks of extreme positivity swinging to extreme negativity.

Aww congratulations,
    Ah tell me about it one min I'm so positive the next I'm negativity, did you transfer one or two embryo?

Advertisement