Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree down on Church Road - Be careful out there.

Options
  • 02-11-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭

A large tree just fell across the main road on Church Road (between the Church and the Hillside turn off, approx. where the Post Box is). Don't think any car or people got caught under it. Gardaí at the scene now.

Really really wild out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm sure our resident photographer will be along with a pic in the next few hours. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

DD9090 wrote: »
    I'm sure our resident photographer will be along with a pic in the next few hours. :P

In Charlesland at least 3 smaller trees down on the spine road. They are likely to blow onto road but also few others looked unsteady.
    Kids enjoyed the excitement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

DD9090 wrote: »

Was in Waterford most of today, missed that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 walkyouhome

Anyone know why there are white rings now around some of the trees - they don't seem to be luminous so is there a plan afoot to take some trees down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

Anyone know why there are white rings now around some of the trees - they don't seem to be luminous so is there a plan afoot to take some trees down ?

Maybe a plan to prune some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

from Grainne McLoughlin on the Greystones Open Forum on Facebook (splitters!)

"Three are to be felled and two pruned. They had an urban tree inspector by an Arbortor and as a result (& also due to the one falling) three are to be felled and two pruned. Those felled will be replaced."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

loyatemu wrote: »

"Three are to be felled and two pruned. They had an urban tree inspector by an Arbortor and as a result (& also due to the one falling) three are to be felled and two pruned. Those felled will be replaced."

Should have got an opinion from an arborator. :P

So who will benefit from the firewood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

They can put 50 year old trees in their place???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maudi I thought you had fixed the posting issue!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Maudi wrote: »

Druids Glen golf course, when it was being built, hired a machine to allow them to move mature trees around the course. So it is possible, but I don't think Wicklow Co. Co. will be doing this (& I assume it involves digging a very large hole for the root-ball)

I'd be sorry to see any trees go, but trees don't last forever and it is a busy road. (this is assuming the council's tree guy is correct).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

I noticed that some of the trees on church road were cut down, does anyone know why and are they going to cut down anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

I noticed that some of the trees on church road were cut down, does anyone know why and are they going to cut down anymore?

During a storm a few weeks ago one was blown down. More were examined and found to be unsafe. Removed by council just over a week ago in the interests of safety.

Advertisement