Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear driver door won't open to change lock motor?

Options
  • 02-11-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all ,

I have a 2005 sports model seat cordoba , and am trying to change the locking motor , i have all the inside pannels off but can not manage to open the door to change the motor ?? Any advice??

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So lock is still engaged?
    If door card is off you should be able to pull on the mechanism to open the lock and then door.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HevyKevy

Any update on this. My brothers 05 Focus rear door is locked and wont open from inside or outside. Unfortunately the door card is still on and we cant get the door open at all

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

HevyKevy wrote: »
    Any update on this. My brothers 05 Focus rear door is locked and wont open from inside or outside. Unfortunately the door card is still on and we cant get the door open at all

Make sure the multiplug going into the door is properly in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

HevyKevy wrote: »
    My golf had child lock enabled and outside lock cable was off the handle. I was able to get a pick tool and with a few twists the door opened and I was able to fix the broken handle

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HevyKevy

The car had a couple hours drive the other day and hey presto the door opened. Everything seems to work as it should now. The battery is only a couple months old and all connections seem fine. I'll have to open them up next time to see if theres a dodgy wire or something.

Cheers for the replies tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement