Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering Business

Options
  • 02-11-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, in the new year I'm looking to start up a catering business, I've thought about this for a long time now and the same problem always comes up.. doing it alone doesn't seem plausible. I'm 23, I'm employed and I'm just looking to branch out take on a challenge and I don't know maybe someday not have to work the day the job :P I guess like everyone the idea of being your own boss seems great its putting it into reality that's the hard part! so basically I'm looking for someone maybe around the same age as myself with a business brain like me who has that same dream ; be your own boss!

the type of catering I'm edging towards is ice cream, or crepes, or milkshakes, or yogurt, or smoothie or doughnuts; i dont have as much interest in chips or burgers or anything like that.

I've done research, I have prices in my head for most things that are needed, if anyone has any interest message me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Hi OP,

You have quite a range of products there. BTW..just on doughnuts, stay away. If you haven't burnt your site to the ground within a year of start up Id be amazed. Doughnuts are a nightmare.

Research doesn't mean you reckon how much you'll get for your product! There's tonnes of stuff you need to do before you get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MR S

Well if you look at todays market and whats doing well and not so well, I think we can all agree that the likes of crepes and ice cream and even milkshakes done really well this summer, take Ginos ice cream, and crepes its a new franchise thats expanded hugely in the past 24 months, then if you look at the market and say the likes of krispykreame and dunkin doughnuts and even tim hortons all huge franchises but yet wheres irelands doughnut and coffee franchise? theres a gap here for that, I understand behind all of these ideas there are hidden costs, with licences and HSE cert and even getting permission to set up in a specific location, and then you have your trailer setting that up the way u want it and after all that your gonna need a generator, and a power supply.. I'm in no way naive of the business this whole process takes hard work dedication and a little bit of luck but someones doing it, why not me

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi Mr S
    Of You need more detailed info please pm.
    Regards Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi Mr S
    Of You need more detailed info please pm.
    Regards Oliver

Advertisement