Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What temperature frost-stat for outside boiler?

Options
  • 02-11-2013 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya all - just wondering what people have their frost-stat set to in their boiler house. We have the outside kerosene boiler in the metal galvanised housing and our frost-stat seems to be set at +4c and the main thermostat at 75c does that sound right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

sorry andy i dont know the answer definitively but +4 sounds about right to me, il leave it to someone else that knows what their talking about

if its ok im going to piggyback on your thread to ask another frost stat related question.. i have a grant vortex external boiler and the frost stat is either set too high or not working properly, its going off today at 9 degrees, and in general it tends to trigger way above freezing, can they be adjusted / replaced, ive been advised to remove it but im obviously not keen on that !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hiya all - just wondering what people have their frost-stat set to in their boiler house. We have the outside kerosene boiler in the metal galvanised housing and our frost-stat seems to be set at +4c and the main thermostat at 75c does that sound right?

+4C is correct as this is inside the casing. If it's +4C inside the casing, it will be minus outside the casing.
    70-75C is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

woody1 wrote: »
    i have a grant vortex external boiler and the frost stat is either set too high or not working properly, its going off today at 9 degrees, and in general it tends to trigger way above freezing, can they be adjusted / replaced, ive been advised to remove it but im obviously not keen on that !!

There was a bad batch of frost stats fitted to the Grant Vortex a while back. Put through a warranty call & the service engineer will call out & replace for you free of charge.
    Just ensure the Boiler Passport was correctly filled out with the commissioning certificate & returned to Grant to instigate your warranty.

Advertisement