Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ideas to reduce Hum noise from SON light Fitting?

Options
  • 02-11-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there I have a 70watt high pressure SON fitting on the wall outside my bedroom window which produces a humming noise, not excessively loud but loud enough at night when im trying to get asleep. I wonder if anyone has any ideas how to reduce the hum noise of the magnetic ballast?, I was thinking of mouting the ballast on maybe some rubber mounts inside the fitting if that would work or if there is enough space maybe put in a piece of chipboard and mount the ballast on that, if its not a fire risk though! - other than that maybe I should check out price on an electronic SON 70w Ballast if there is such a thing and that might cut out the hum. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭frankmul

Led fitting might be an option. The ballast will get hot during operation

Advertisement