Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole/Jump Distances

Options
  • 02-11-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me to a link where I can find distances for various ground pole and grid setups? I'm hoping to do some lengthening and shortening work with my mare tomorrow and I've completely forgotten the distance in steps between each pole!

EDIT: I've found this, but can anyone translate this roughly into human strides? E.g. how many steps/strides I need to take to make the distances?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

As we all take different size steps its not easy to give you a number.

This will work for tomorrow

A standard Jumping Pole is 12 ft/3.6mts. Which is the Standard Canter Stride measurement.

So you can get the basic measurements for 3 trotting poles 1 each end and 1 in the middle.
    If you take out the middle 1 you have a canter stride.

Again as Horses differ you may have to move the poles a roll or 2 to get the perfect length for your own Horse.
    When you get it right walk it in your Normal Unforced Stride. When your finished working the horse go back out and walk it again until your blue in the face;). Then you can measure any distance you like

Advertisement