Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS scheme questions

Options
  • 02-11-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just wondering has any one got any experience of using the Ras scheme to rent out a property?

It seems a great idea in theory for security but I am always cautious about these things.

I was wondering does any1 know what would happen if i were to default on my mortgage and possibly have it re-possessed whilst I have a contract with the council,would I be sued for breach of contract by council or would bank be happy to keep the arrangment in place with council and vice versa?

I always look at the pitfalls rather than the positive aspects!!

Has any one had any other difficulties with the scheme?

I have a bit of organising to do before I qualify and getting the cash together to do it may not be worth the hassle but I will let council view it and give approval before I go ahead.
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement