Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Activ MultiSport swim sessions

Options
  • 02-11-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

2 Places left for Activ MultiSport Thursday mornings coached swimming sessions. Training is at the NAC @ 6:00 for 90 minute sessions. We started last Thursday and the term is up until xmas. €100 for for 6 weeks and this is the last week you can join in. If interested, email activmultisport@gamil.com, send us a facebook message or contact our new coach Peter Kern at info@pb3coaching.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Guys since I got a few requestes the level ot the class ranges from a few 58min- 1.01h ironman swimmer ( and from what i see they have a very good base but some good improvement in them). till about 28 min for a tri swim.
    In 400 m time trial language I would say session is most suitable for 5.15 -8min swimmer.
    Over the next 6 weeks we will be mostly working on swimming more dynamic and ramp the milage up while good technique is being focused on session distance from 3-5.5km
    If this is too fast or time day and location dosnt suit , I believe Active have another swim session for their members on Monday evening ( i think this is a for member swim session, but from what i see they are a very open club and would be welcoming for you to try out a session). And pb3 runs a session on Monday and Wednesday am at 6.15 till 7.45am in westwood Clontarf .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dogtanian7

Session closed, watch this space as we'll have more sessions in the new year possibly catering for more swimmers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dogtanian7

Hi Folks,,

We're starting another ActivMultiSport swim session on Tuesdays due to the demand for our new sessions on Thursdays. This will facilitate ActivMultiSport members/friends and PB3 clients. Peter Kern of Pb3coaching will be our swim coach similar to Thursdays

The session(s) will be from 06:00 - 08:00, the planned start date will be the 7th of January for 10 weeks. Our plan is to run them alongside our Thursday morning sessions for the next 30 weeks. The cost per session will be as follows.

6:00 - 7:00 conditioning €9.50
    7:00 - 8:00 technique €12.50

Limited slots are available for swimmers that want to overlap for 90 minutes. Starting at 6:00 or 6:30.

6:00 - 7:30 €15.00
    6:30 - 8:00 €17.00

Please email activmultisport@gmail.com if interested or info@pb3coaching.com for PB3 clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

### Swimming Update ### Morning sessions (Tuesday & Thursdays) with Peter Kern (Intermediate - Advanced) are starting back next week and we've still a few places left on both mornings. - Starting Tuesday in the Inspire pool Cabra, 6:15 - 7:45. €150 for 10 weeks. - Resuming Thursday 1 of Oct. in Coolmine, 6:10 - 7:40. €150 for 10 weeks. Please mail activmultisport@gmail.com or pm myself on boards messages if you're interested.
    Great sessions if you're thinking about middle to full distance Triathlons.

over the next few weeks we are going back to the basics and focus on the various points that most here call swimming technique and desect the stroke in its different components ( timing balance rythem etc etc )
    and intervals will be short

tuesday will start with dryland execercises to make people especially the ex ruggbly players more aware whats needed in that department.

Suits anybody that has a drive to improve
    dosnt suite people that dont have a drive to improve ...
    especially on thursday we can cater for a wide level of ability

there is also classes mon and wed am in wetswood for this email peter@pb3coaching.com those are suitable for the 5min to 7.30 min 400 meter simer but again if you are really driven and are bit slower come along an try it out and we see if it works out

Advertisement