Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices for sites in Meath

Options
  • 02-11-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm looking at purchasing a site of 0.5 to 1 acre in county Meath.
    A lot of 1 acre sites seem to be priced either side of the 100k mark by a little.

Has anyone experience of purchasing a site of this size in the last few years?
    If so, was there a big difference in the asking price vs what you paid it for in the end?

i.e. Are they chancing their arm!

Maybe it's just me but 100k seems a little pricey for 1 acre?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Just gone sale agreed on a 3 acre site in south Louth on the border with Meath. They were looking for 150k which was ridiculous. I offered 45k and we settled at 51k. I don't know why but asking prices for sites around here haven't really come down much since the boom. If you're a cash buyer then you should be able to get a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

zac8 wrote: »
    Just gone sale agreed on a 3 acre site in south Louth on the border with Meath. They were looking for 150k which was ridiculous. I offered 45k and we settled at 51k. I don't know why but asking prices for sites around here haven't really come down much since the boom. If you're a cash buyer then you should be able to get a good deal.

Wow, that's a huge reduction from the asking price. Fair play Zac.

I saw a 1.2 acres site but it had an asking price of 135k which I also though was ridiculous.

After your feedback I may enquire and try a cheeky 40k offer!

Any tips/advice on how you approached making an offer so far below the asking price?
    Did you deal with the land owner or was it through an estate agent?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

rodge123 wrote: »
    Any tips/advice on how you approached making an offer so far below the asking price?
    Did you deal with the land owner or was it through an estate agent?

I dealt with an agent. I think you might find most agents will be more realistic than land owners. I don't think I got a bargain, just a fair price. There's a very limited number of people who are in a position to build, especially if you are in a local needs area.

Advertisement