Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suddenly hard water in S. Dublin?

• 02-11-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this in the D4/D6 area in the last few days? Washed my hair today and it feels really limp and greasy. This has never happened before but a quick Google tells me it can be due to hard water. I'm hoping it's got something to do with the water restrictions and whatnot but would be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It is very likely due to hard water from other sources getting mixed into your usual water supply
    Without getting too technical, water from the Wicklow mountains is very soft
    But this is the wrong kind not getting treated anymore, so water from Meath or Kildare would be harder and would piped to your home

You'll know when this is resolved and your hair fixes itself , or doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

It is very likely due to hard water from other sources getting mixed into your usual water supply
    Without getting too technical, water from the Wicklow mountains is very soft
    But this is the wrong kind not getting treated anymore, so water from Meath or Kildare would be harder and would piped to your home

You'll know when this is resolved and your hair fixes itself , or doesn't

When you say 'the wrong kind not getting treated anymore' do you mean permanently? My hair looks manky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

When you say 'the wrong kind not getting treated anymore' do you mean permanently? My hair looks manky!

Not being funny, but unless it's sorted, not having water supply from 7pm til 7am every night is a much bigger problem.

So it should be fixed in a week...

Not being funny, but unless it's sorted, not having water supply from 7pm til 7am every night is a much bigger problem.

So it should be fixed in a week...

Absolutely appreciate that, which is why I posted in the beauty forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Yes! In south Dublin & my hair's been really limp & greasy for the past few days. It's too short to tie up, and I wash it daily, but haven't felt it was properly clean recently, and really difficult to rinse. I thought it was a new shampoo, but went back to my old one & it was still the same. Hadn't made the connection with the water, I'm glad others are having this problem. Off to tesco in the morning to get bottles of evian I guess!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I washed my hair this evening and actually thought it was softer and shinier than it has been in ages!

Yes! In south Dublin & my hair's been really limp & greasy for the past few days. It's too short to tie up, and I wash it daily, but haven't felt it was properly clean recently, and really difficult to rinse. I thought it was a new shampoo, but went back to my old one & it was still the same. Hadn't made the connection with the water, I'm glad others are having this problem. Off to tesco in the morning to get bottles of evian I guess!!

I tried it with heated bottled water after shower water and made a small difference but not much! Am assuming (hoping) it will stop when the water's sorted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this in the D4/D6 area in the last few days? Washed my hair today and it feels really limp and greasy. This has never happened before but a quick Google tells me it can be due to hard water. I'm hoping it's got something to do with the water restrictions and whatnot but would be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed it.

I am in 6w, the water looks grand coming out of the taps but when I fill up dogs water bowls the water has a whitish colour to it, (it looks milky) so I have been boiling the water for them!

Advertisement