Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep Photo Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

eire23 wrote: »

Nice looking girls, there, Eire. Be great if the snow cleared before they are turned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I thought my eyes were deceiving me at first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is5jqDKYLYU :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Double decker feeding!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

A few of the pure bred earlies at the trough. Using a clipping gate as a creep gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Fee sheep enjoying the few sweedes last Sunday in the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

fup thats dry looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Haha ahh its good ground alright

Froze some cow's beestings today. Hunting through the kitchen presses, decided to try the wife's silicon bun trays.
    Worked a treat, easy to pop out the frozen discs from the moulds, and just keep in a plastic bag in the freezer then.
    Place the silicon tray on a flat spot in the freezer before you pour in the milk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

First of my ladies are in tonight for lambing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tom_k

First lamb here today. This lady caught me a bit by surprise this afternoon, herself and one other had visited the ram a bit early last year and I wasn't expecting her to lamb til next week. One small but very lively ewe lamb.

69e7900615e118e009a0dfbffeaad199.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

tom_k wrote: »
    First lamb here today. This lady caught me a bit by surprise this afternoon, herself and one other had visited the ram a bit early last year and I wasn't expecting her to lamb til next week. One small but very lively ewe lamb.

69e7900615e118e009a0dfbffeaad199.jpg

Lleyn cross Tom by any chance? My Lleyn cross Mules look very similar when born

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tom_k

Cran wrote: »
    Lleyn cross Tom by any chance? My Lleyn cross Mules look very similar when born
    No, Texel sire in this case but I see what you mean alright. Lad I know has Llewelyn X Mules (I think) and his lambs are similar to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

HZxLD4O.jpg
    Tunnel nearly ready for plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

gazahayes wrote: »
    HZxLD4O.jpg
    Tunnel nearly ready for plastic

Used a space heater when stretching plastic on my tunnel, two would have been better.

Used a space heater when stretching plastic on my tunnel, two would have been better.

Have a gas one here alright don't think the weather wants to play ball tho.

Have a gas one here alright don't think the weather wants to play ball tho.

No, you want a pure calm "dead" day in regards to wind, any ripple of a breeze will cause problems. The day we did the cover there were "isolated showers" for Connacht, and all of them fell in the field we were in :rolleyes: It still stretched very well though was done in November I think.

No, you want a pure calm "dead" day in regards to wind, any ripple of a breeze will cause problems. The day we did the cover there were "isolated showers" for Connacht, and all of them fell in the field we were in :rolleyes: It still stretched very well though was done in November I think.

Too gusty here today to get it done. Have lots of help tho after making homemade pizza for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Too gusty here today to get it done. Have lots of help tho after making homemade pizza for them.

I think you'll have a lot of pizzas fed before the weather settles this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Beltex lamb 10 days old

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Beltex lamb 10 days old

Jesus, serious lump of a lamb for 10 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eire23

Beltex lamb 10 days old

Hes half reared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

You might have him ready for Easter yet!
    Some lamb

One word, finally!

Water system not fully set up yet, so am bucketing for the moment.

One word, finally!

Water system not fully set up yet, so am bucketing for the moment.

If they're not eating the straw, they're having a damn good look at it anyway....looks lovely straw

rangler1 wrote: »
    If they're not eating the straw, they're having a damn good look at it anyway....looks lovely straw

One b*tch was having a damn good look at the net through the fence too!

They done a good bit of picking at it (it being the straw), I think they were more bewildered I hadn't let them out after feeding them.

Will keep an eye on them, it's nice straw when shook out alright, that's the first bale I opened. Another man who got part of the same load was down to me looking to buy a few of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ihatewinter

Connemara, looks a nice set up. Your ewes are in good condition, hope all goes well with the lambing :)

Connemara, looks a nice set up. Your ewes are in good condition, hope all goes well with the lambing :)

I've still to figure out a satisfactory solution to rain being blown inside, may buy cheap tarps to attach to fence when needed. Roof lights proved to be very expensive €40 and €63.50 for ten feet corrugated and box profile respectively.

I may have a solution to the wind blowing in rain. I had clear polytunnel plastic left over from the previous cover. As it happened the pieces I trimmed off that cover happened to be nearly a perfect fit for the gap. So I nailed some to a 2x1 and am testing the prototype. It's easy to remove and roll up. The top gap allows air in, but the gutter outside and above it excludes rain.

• Advertisement

I may have a solution to the wind blowing in rain. I had clear polytunnel plastic left over from the previous cover. As it happened the pieces I trimmed off that cover happened to be nearly a perfect fit for the gap. So I nailed some to a 2x1 and am testing the prototype. It's easy to remove and roll up. The top gap allows air in, but the gutter outside and above it excludes rain.

Who made the lovely gate at the front of picture

Advertisement