Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed - property in receivership

Options
  • 02-11-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

im renting a property since april this year i recieved a letter saying the property has gone into recievership i sought advice and been told i may be asked to leave with 35 days notice but what i would like to know is can i give 35 days notice to the reciever of the property or do i have to wait till they want me to move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If the receiver wants to go down the route of "you're not our tenant" and doesn't fancy playing by the tenancy law then I don't see why you should be expected to either. I'd say talk to the receiver first and see what they say, and plan your next move from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

djimi wrote: »
    If the receiver wants to go down the route of "you're not our tenant" and doesn't fancy playing by the tenancy law then I don't see why you should be expected to either. I'd say talk to the receiver first and see what they say, and plan your next move from there.

I agree with djmni. Make it your business to speak as soon as possible with the receiver. It may be that he would be happy to have someone in occupation, paying rent and providing a caretaker service rather than have the place empty and at risk of squatters etc. There may even be scope for a rent decrease. If the place is part of a receivership package the progress of selling it to maximise a return for the receiver will be very slow in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I agree with djmni. Make it your business to speak as soon as possible with the receiver. It may be that he would be happy to have someone in occupation, paying rent and providing a caretaker service rather than have the place empty and at risk of squatters etc. There may even be scope for a rent decrease..
    Also make sure to ask the receiver what the story with your deposit is, and get the answer in writing.

Advertisement