Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Digital MyCloud Device set-up issues

Options
  • 02-11-2013 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for some help here, not sure if its the device or maybe my router settings.
    This is the device;
    http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1140

When I'm setting the device up I cannot get a admin user account setup with my email an error (250008), its supposed to email me with another user name, passwords and more setup details to be the admin and for remote access, ( i get a user name on the device, but no admin email is allowed to be registered...the error code below is what I get,

-The web access account you requested for could not be created.
    Ensure that you do not have any network connectivity issues and try again. (250008)
    -Note: User successfully added.

below is a copy of the instructions from a web page.

'The second step of the setup is the Personal Cloud screen. This area allows the user to create a User account, as well as start the process of creating a WD My Cloud account in order to be able to access the device remotely'

Anyone know if router settings could cause this, I've set up NAT and a static IP for it, still no good...
    The router is a eircom netopia 2247-62, on vodafone broadband.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Never mind its the ****ty router, changed it and all is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Hi Doom,

I got a java script error when I log on remotely?

Also, we're you able to access all the folders on the drive or just the user folder?

I'm disappointed with the upload speeds. 104Gb of music took 6hrs. Did you notice this?

jaytobe wrote: »
    Hi Doom,

I got a java script error when I log on remotely?

Also, we're you able to access all the folders on the drive or just the user folder?

I'm disappointed with the upload speeds. 104Gb of music took 6hrs. Did you notice this?

Did you try and load it in 1 go? Don't, do about 1gb at a time...
    I can access all folders ok.

Did you try running the WD Discovery programme from the WD site

Doom wrote: »
    Did you try running the WD Discovery programme from the WD site

Actually just hit the rescan on the settings, media tabs and it sees new uploads.

• Advertisement

Ethernet is fast alright...id say it's the big blocks you're trying to copy over in one go..best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gregger

Doom, Can you please provide more information on the router issue that you had. I have a Netopia 3347-02 and I am getting the same error when trying to set up my WD My Cloud. Sorry, I am not much beyond plugging it in and watch it work, any details would be appreciated.

I just got Windows 7 and the //wdmycloud in explorer brings up the UI which is not the best for file transfer...anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Guys, sorry for jumping on your thread but maybe you could help me please.

I got a WD my Cloud and want to set up all my music, videos, pictures etc on it. For the moment I just want to do music.

There is a shared folder already set up for music, so i presume thats where i'm going to put it all. but within the folder, there are 2 subfolders, uploaded and mirrored. which folder should i use for my music and what is the difference.... if any at all? i can't find anything in the user manual to help me

Advertisement