Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purefit?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking for feedback on a Purefit Galway in the Liosban Industrial Estate, just checked out their Facebook page www.facebook.com/purefitgalway and seems like a very cool training space with hard core sessions. Am hearing very good things about training and trainers, does anyone train there?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If I was going to pay to train anywhere in Galway I reckon I'd be going out to PDF in barna. Having seen the results he's got in a few people I know personally, I'd have no reservations. His sessions are hard but personally tailored, he educates about diet and lifestyle change and he's a sound fella to boot. I know a lad who's lost an insane amount of weight and put on a ton of muscle in the last year and a bit from working with Pat, he's literally like a different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Cant say anything about pure fit, but can vouch for Dave Gallagher and his team at results Ireland, located in Liosban industrial estate. Dave and his team can get you where you want to be very easy. I have used Dave on numerous occasions between personal training , group classes and the highly recommended kiss my abs online program which will give you results for as little as 50 euro. I have tried other online programs with other competitors which cost more and i didn't benefit half as much. The support and communication with both the trainer and other clients really gave me that extra push with the online program. When it came to lifting weights, my posture was doing damage i wasn't aware off until Dave stepped when i approached him, my posture and technique has vastly improved and i am now stronger both physically and mentally. As they say your health is your wealth and i can vouch that it was money well spent.

I am now looking forward to Dave and his team opening his new premises in liosban industrial estate which by the looks of it will be massive.

If you can check him out, i gaurentee you wont be dissapointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Fiona in Purefit is brilliant but if you are out near Barna Pat Divilly is brilliant also.

Both of them really know their stuff and don't rely on bad mouthing other trainers to get clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Pat Divilly has setup a new place on East side in last few weeks. was huge demand for it so prob booked out already

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rubylolz

Both PDF and purefit are good, Both ran by very nice ppl who deserve their success... personally from a workout prospective I found Purefit that bit tougher, it pushed me more? It was also cheaper per mth and had a broader range of classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Warehouse gym is a fantastic facility on the Monivea Rd near the eircom building. The staff are friendly and have always offered advice when I needed it. I haven't attended any of their classes but friends have told me that the bootcamp classes in the morning and evening are great and you get pushed really hard to get through it

You can also get a free one-on-one session with a trainer in there if you get a years membership, other than that you have to pay for the sessions as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Far Q Boss

I've no experience with Purefit, but I myself use Alan Quin Fitness, I find him brilliant.. And he's sound too.

Not sure if he has a website or Facebook.

Edit: he does have a website

http://alanquinfitness.com/

He has some impressive comments from Galway sports people if anyone is interested?

http://alanquinfitness.com/testimonials/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Would love to know of the fitness place in Knocknacarra beside pureskills and monkey business, i'd really appreciate feedback please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

arandale wrote: »
    Would love to know of the fitness place in Knocknacarra beside pureskills and monkey business, i'd really appreciate feedback please.

does nrg count?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 peanutman

BODY DYNAMICS. Very good, and sound guys there (bar 1 smug sod!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

I go there, find them very good. Great to give advice, good results and good equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone tried Jessica Cookes classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

I've been going to Jessica Cooke for a few years now. Classes are tough. Its a lot of High Intensity Training using Tabata. Really builds your endurance. I go 2 a wk and run 1/2 times per wk and I manage to run the odd 10k races. I had a baby (via c-section) last December and I went back to her classes in March and by end of May I was back to full fitness and the best shape of my life. I did 6wks personal training with her during that time. She runs classes in Barna, Leisureland and City limits in Oranmore

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

I'm looking to get back into some structured fitness classes and purefit looks like it could be good . The one thing I do notice is that it is nearly 100% women. I don't particularly want to be the only guy in the room (now that I'm typing this it doesn't sound all that bad :p ) Can anyone who has been there tell me what it's like in this regard? Are the classes aimed at women?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

I was wondering, being a man. Is purefit a more women gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That wouldn't be an issue for me but you can check the classes here and see if there's anything you like www.purefit.ie/classes
    Perhaps do a "Pay as you go" and have a look.

Advertisement