Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quantum 70

Options
  • 03-11-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

how do I remove cover of control panel
    to replace battery please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

diyqueen wrote: »

Two slots slide out to reveal screws . swing the door fully back.
    are you sure its saying" panel battery fault call engineer "?
    how long is the system installed ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As said above , its very easy to open.
    I've PMed you the manual for that panel, it will help you find your way around the system as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Just curious, how old is your panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 diyqueen

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Two slots slide out to reveal screws . swing the door fully back.
    are you sure its saying" panel battery fault call engineer "?
    how long is the system installed ?
    thanks for that. the system was installed August 2012 . Just replaced
    battery pack to wireless external siren but still says battery needs replacing
    call engineer.

KoolKid wrote: »
    As said above , its very easy to open.
    I've PMed you the manual for that panel, it will help you find your way around the system as well.
    thank you very much . will have a look

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Just curious, how old is your panel?

installed Oct.2011

external siren is wireless and six battery pack needed replacing after 10 months ( August 2012.) How long should batteries last? Have just replaced
    them again myself but still showing RF battery low on control panel. Would appreciate your opinion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats very poor battery life IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

installed Oct.2011

external siren is wireless and six battery pack needed replacing after 10 months ( August 2012.) How long should batteries last? Have just replaced
    them again myself but still showing RF battery low on control panel. Would appreciate your opinion

RF battery low is not the battery in the control panel. It is a battery in a device installed on the system. The external bell has an option to add a second battery pack if the LEDs are used. If the LEDs are on and the second battery pack is not installed then that is the reason you are only getting 6 Months. 2 of the batteries in the single pack are used power's the LEDs. The LEDs will last for up to 32 Months with the second pack installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Is it saying " device batteries need replacing " or "panel low battery call engineer"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Is it saying " device batteries need replacing " or "panel low battery call engineer"

It is saying RF low battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement