Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 panel and gsm issues

Options
  • 03-11-2013 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

sorry its my first post and its asking for help hope i'm forgiven

I recently added a HKC GSM type -P to an older alarm panel but it wasn't working, i swapped out the panel for a new HKC 1070 I installed the GSM loaded the defaults and got a "GSM Comms fault" error message, when leaving engineers mode it says comms not fitted, "remove device". now the odd part of this is that the GSM works perfectly, texts if the alarm goes off and takes commands by text. i sent the GSM module back to hkc to be told it was fine, so any ideas ?? bit of insulation tape is the current solution so i can't see the red flashing fault light.

earlier tonight while the alarm was not armed while we were watching tv it sounded, i entered the user code but it continued to sound, i pulled the battery and switched off the mains but the the two bells still sounded until i disconnected them phyisiclly. once i had a bit of quiet i connected the battery back up but the panel doesn't respond it just reads "no RKP Comms"

any ideas would be a great help, before this alarm was installed and trouble free for 10 years

cheers thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

sounds as though you might have damaged the board.
    did you connect the gsm unit with the power on the panel off?

do the bells sound when power is reapplied ?

try default the panel

have a look at your keypad connections and also check to see if the red light on the main pcb is flashing .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FZ6

Ok update, the backup battery was only showing 5.5v when disconnected so its dead, I powered the panel without the battery and all is back to normal, so that's that sorted I'll get a new battery in the morning, strange it never gave me a low battery warning,

Still have the gsm fault tho

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

FZ6 wrote: »
    I recently added a HKC GSM type -P to an older alarm panel but it wasn't working,

What older alarm panel did you have?
    I have a HKC panel, normal house wired installed about 2006, not sure what board is on it, could be an 8 expanded to a 12.

I'm considering fitting a GSM-P to it,

- Can this be done without an engineer? (i'm technical)
    - Do you think I'll have to upgrade my panel?
    - Is the price worth it? (to know what zone has trigged the alarm, plus ease of installation?)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FZ6

I have a HKC panel, normal house wired installed about 2006, not sure what board is on it, could be an 8 expanded to a 12.

- Is the price worth it? (to know what zone has trigged the alarm, plus ease of installation?)

thanks

think it was a SW812 panel i tried it with day one without sucess

You need the engineers code to program, its not difficult to wire up

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

FZ6 wrote: »
    think it was a SW812 panel i tried it with day one without sucess

You need the engineers code to program, its not difficult to wire up

Ok, think its a SW812 that I have at the moment and I know the engineers's code.
    Sounds like its not going to work without upgrading the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

thanks

If it is an 8/12 then the GSM-P will work.
    Very easy to set up once you have engineer access to the control panel.

Advertisement