Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Injury Changes?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so, I thought I was unlucky in the first weeks, but no.

Every single match I have at least one player with an ongoing injury.

For all of season 19 I had one injury. I play two squads on rotation, so the energy never really gets low enough to invite injuries.

Have changes been announced and I missed them?

How are smaller squads coping if so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. Maybe you were just very unlucky so far? Or very lucky last season?

I'm sure your incredible depth will shine through anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Gelio wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. Maybe you were just very unlucky so far? Or very lucky last season?

I'm sure your incredible depth will shine through anyway

I'm just getting so many consistent injuries, more so than I've ever had over the previous 14 seasons. If there've been no changes than I'm just having a really unlucky streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

just unlucky I guess. I am aware of no changes, and have only suffered one ongoing injury this season.

tell your players to man up!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

No changes as far as I know, it's probably just down to bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ya im with fewi here i taught i was unlucky at first but i havent played tnt much with my main and none with my affiliate and have already more injuries than last season

• Advertisement

Maybe the system has realised I've been getting away lightly and is now bringing down the hammer :pac:

have you been using the new tactics. i have wondering if thats it

seanand wrote: »
    have you been using the new tactics. i have wondering if thats it

Yeah I have. Every match where I've had injuries...

FewFew wrote: »
    Yeah I have. Every match where I've had injuries...

that must be it so because ive already had more long term injuries than last season and i had tnted more by this stage last season aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

that must be it so because ive already had more long term injuries than last season and i had tnted more by this stage last season aswell

been using new tactics all the time with few injuries till today then boom......... 4 in one match thank bod its thursday night

• Advertisement

Curious. Wonder if others have been finding such things. It is a significant change in the game, so, maybe. We'd need a larger sample set, the two of us could just be unlucky.

ya true im going asking in the injuries thread in the clubrooms

FewFew wrote: »
    Curious. Wonder if others have been finding such things. It is a significant change in the game, so, maybe. We'd need a larger sample set, the two of us could just be unlucky.

I had four injuries in my cup game on wed using new tactics (one was a long term) I was playing wnwim

Gelio wrote: »
    I had four injuries in my cup game on wed using new tactics (one was a long term) I was playing wnwim

See, WNWIM would cause more injuries alright, because they'll take players off to be safe (AFAIK) but that still sounds like a large number.

Three injuries in the first 30 minutes of my game,its killing me :mad:

you need to rear them tougher! ;)

eoferrall wrote: »
    you need to rear them tougher! ;)

There is nothing more annoying than having a very important league or cup game and seeing someone go off like this:
    The Geraldine RFC medic is on the pitch attending to Mupane now... Devlin will come on to replace Mupane even though he's walking off under his own power. It looks like a minor precaution.
    It looked like he got his head in the wrong position. Bad news for Geraldine RFC fans as it looks like Mealamu will have to come off as a precautionary measure. Hynes will enter the game as Mealamu's replacement.
    Bad news for Geraldine RFC fans as it looks like Surace will have to come off as a precautionary measure. Cahill will enter the game as Surace's replacement.

Well these were my three injuries today in my vitally important league game :mad:

i agree, nothing more frustrating.

all those appear to be precautionary - so assume they won't be ongoing injuries. you'd think some would be kept on.

maybe they should build in table positions and who you are playing for injury decision coming off the pitch?

Did you win?

Exactly.

I got smashed in the end of what should have been a tight game. All three injuries in first 20 minutes and two of my top three players gone. Two backrows also which meant I had a prop playing backrow for the entire game.

If they are injured they are injured but if they can play on, they should play on or find a different club! ;)

Seriously though, how often in real games do you have three injuries in the opening 20?

I'm now hit by the injury curse!

three players with ongoing injuries. two are key, and the third is, but shouldn't be. only have one 13... whose now injured!! :( he's aging so I suppose this will force me into succession planning!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement