Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of rewiring

Options
  • 03-11-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been quoted 5.5k for rewiring a 3 bed house semi detached in Dublin.
    I was expecting 4k, do you think the price is high or my expectation are wrong. I am gettin another quotation next week.
    What should I ask to compare the two prices. How do I know who is providing the best service for the price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

cargen wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been quoted 5.5k for rewiring a 3 bed house semi detached in Dublin.
    I was expecting 4k, do you think the price is high or my expectation are wrong. I am gettin another quotation next week.
    What should I ask to compare the two prices. How do I know who is providing the best service for the price?

Thanks

To me it sounds about average but it all comes down to number of light fittings, type of fittings, number of sockets, power points, tv, internet etc etc and you would need to confirm the quotes include for the same qty of everything and to the same spec of finish

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

It's important to define and descripe location and detail of all electrical fixtures in all rooms/areas of the house.

E.g.

Small Bedroom:
    1 single gang Cat 5 and Telephone
    1 single gang light switch for main light by door
    2 double gang socket outlets (one by leading edge of main door and one at corner by window)
    1 single gang satellite outlet
    1 single gang lamp socket by bed head
    etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 trades101

During the summer my parents gutted and revamped a house for 7k including rewireing and plumping plastering extending the bathroom. And materials
    We still can't believe they did it.

Rewireing was like €400 not thousand hundred. No one else will ever get it like that my dad is some man for getting things On the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭lynchieboy

Rewireing was like €400 not thousand hundred. No one else will ever get it like that my dad is some man for getting things On the cheap[/QUOTE]

€400 to rewire a house, the cost of cable alone would be more than that:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 trades101

lynchieboy wrote: »
    Rewireing was like €400 not thousand hundred. No one else will ever get it like that my dad is some man for getting things On the cheap

€400 to rewire a house, the cost of cable alone would be more than that:rolleyes:[/quote]

Tbh I don't know how my dad swung that the electrocution was recommended to him a his plumber friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

trades101 wrote: »
    the electrocution was recommended to him a his plumber friend.
    sums this price up really:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Friend recently rewired as part of a full renovation, 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, 2 entrance halls and kitchen with new points in bedrooms and living rooms for tv, new points in bathrooms for showers. Just under 3k including standard fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 windfan

Hi there, any chance of getting contact info for the electrician, sounds like a decent price. Ta

Advertisement