Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Really wrong advertised price

Options
  • 03-11-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭

So my local PC World (Airside) has 2 posters outside offering the SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless HiFi for a nice price of 119.99€ (80€ cheaper than everywhere else).

Went in and the assistants had no idea about the system, could not find it on the floor and when he finally confirmed with the stock computer he told me that there were none in stock and non expected.

He than went on to check other locations and said some where available at other locations but the price would be 199.99€ and that there is nothing he can do.

He than proceeded outside to check the poster and came back telling me that the poster went up to early and that the price would go down in a couple of weeks and I should check the website, once the price there went down it would also go down in the store.

I can't believe that this in this day and age it's still allowed for shops to display wrong advertising to get people into the shop because that's what this advertising is doing, I would have not went in if I would not have seen the poster.

On the other hand, maybe in a week or two there is a bargain to be made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If that price is correct it's a great price, I doubt they'll go that cheap though. Looks like a mistake to me. If it's a genuine mistake that's all it is, if it's intentional I doubt it's allowed. Regardless they don't have to sell it at that price. Have you seen the other play 1/3/5 offer (free bridge)? See here as well: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057049642/1/#post87302810

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Strangely enough despite having had ample opportunity to take the post down since Saturday it's still up there this morning.

So while they are not required to sell it to me for that price, they continue to advertise something they have no intention of selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Take a photo and make a complaint to the NCA/Advertising people, no idea what they're called but google should be of assistance.

There's some oddity to posters in a window IIRC, something to do with the act of entering the shop, it could be an urban myth I've just half remembered though so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

PC world /Curry really don't give a $*** anymore .

I went in to buy a laptop , picked one out , the sales guy comes back and says we only have 1 left and they've already created a user on it , I think to myself cool a discount is on the cards here.

No he turns around as say they will have to create a restore disk and that it normally cost 30 euro but I could have it for 15. :eek: I said to him so you expect me to pay 15 euro extra for a second hand laptop, laughed at him and walked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

LOL - at least someone is voting with their feet.

Having said that I got a Panasonic Surround system off them for €100 less than it should have been when they clearly had the sterling price on it. If you see it advertised on line OP I'd just buy it an see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Bepolite wrote: »
    Take a photo and make a complaint to the NCA/Advertising people, no idea what they're called but google should be of assistance.

There's some oddity to posters in a window IIRC, something to do with the act of entering the shop, it could be an urban myth I've just half remembered though so.

Easy one www.asai.ie .

Advertisement