Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of hair colour

• 03-11-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering what people are paying for hair colour. Got a parting and overall semi done with blowdry at a cost of €91. Is this average or expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Storming wrote: »
    Just wondering what people are paying for hair colour. Got a parting and overall semi done with blowdry at a cost of €91. Is this average or expensive?

Expensive, my local salon does all over permanent colour with blow dry for €40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

jadie wrote: »
    Expensive, my local salon does all over permanent colour with blow dry for €40

Isn't an overall permanent colour quite different though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got my hair done yesterday in Peter Marks. Iona tint was €34.80, Cut was €37.60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Pythia wrote: »
    Isn't an overall permanent colour quite different though?

Do you mean highlights? Same place does them for €55 full head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

I had about a half inch of grey roots so they put a permanent colour just on the roots. Then they applied a semi all over my hair to brighten it all up Just think it's expensive as I need colour done every 4 or 5 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I had about a half inch of grey roots so they put a permanent colour just on the roots. Then they applied a semi all over my hair to brighten it all up Just think it's expensive as I need colour done every 4 or 5 weeks

It is VERY expensive, even if it included a cut. And EXTORTIONATE if it didn't.

Extortionate it is so!! Anybody able to give ideas of equivalent costs in other salons?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Had a big reply typed, but then I realised I might have misread your post. When you say you got 'a parting' done, do you mean highlights along your parting or solid colour?

If you got highlights, then I'd say the price was okay. If it's just a solid colour, you got seriously ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Extortionate it is so!! Anybody able to give ideas of equivalent costs in other salons?

I pay €90 for the exact same thing every 5 weeks or so. I don't think it's overpriced, I know the salon I go to is reasonably priced on directly comparable services throughout their price list

Faith wrote: »
    Had a big reply typed, but then I realised I might have misread your post. When you say you got 'a parting' done, do you mean highlights along your parting or solid colour?

If you got highlights, then I'd say the price was okay. If it's just a solid colour, you got seriously ripped off.

It's solid colour no highlights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Got a over all colour with both hi and low lights, cut and treatment at the weekend and it was 95 euro. All organic products which leave my hair silky soft. I get 12 weeks out of it. Lot of money but worth it.

Got a over all colour with both hi and low lights, cut and treatment at the weekend and it was 95 euro. All organic products which leave my hair silky soft. I get 12 weeks out of it. Lot of money but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭babygirlz

I get full semi colour, wash, cut and blow dry for €63.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Anyone care to mention the establishments? This looks like a good deal.

I go to Ultimate Hair & Beauty in the GPO Arcade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Excellent price! Where?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I find salon addict great for comparing prices.
    http://www.salonaddict.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hairfairy89

As a Qualified Stylist, I would advise you to shop around and also look for mobile stylists who can do the exact same and may not charge to the same extent.

Excellent price! Where?!

I am not in Dublin, this is the place https://www.facebook.com/lailavalentinohair?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I usually get my hair cut along with my roots and balayage. Price generally ranges from €80 to €120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I pay €100 for a full head of highlights on waist length hair, including a cut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement