Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options
  • 03-11-2013 12:38pm

3 weeks to go till the Xbox One version and 4 weeks till the PS4.

So who is getting fifa for next gen and what console?

I have finally decided to get it for the Xbox One myself.

Not expecting a massive overhaul from current gen fifa but I just hope they fix things like players running offside every attack, that the first touch is better and basically the whole game runs a lot smoother.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting it (hopefully) free with my Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Is it just rumours that if you trade in your current FIFA 14 you an get it for cheap on the next gen?

Sirsok wrote: »
    Is it just rumours that if you trade in your current FIFA 14 you an get it for cheap on the next gen?

You get it for €15 I think.

**EDIT** I could be wrong though. You'd have to look it up.

IGN Fifa next gen review - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/11/fifa-14-review

Its what I expected. Not a huge leap forward but with improved graphics and animations etc.

Ill be happy if problems like players constantly running off side etc are not carried over to next gen. If they are Ill be pissed off to be honest.

• Advertisement

Had to laugh at the IGN video review. Talking about how realistic the game is while showing Antonio Valencia scoring a curling shot into the top corner with his left foot :P

The stadiums do look class I have to say. The outside shots are great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Had to laugh at the IGN video review. Talking about how realistic the game is while showing Antonio Valencia scoring a curling shot into the top corner with his left foot :P

They could have just showed him turning around and passing the ball to the right back, for uber realism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

v3ttel wrote: »
    They could have just showed him turning around and passing the ball to the right back, for uber realism.
    Or for uber realism, showed him lining up to race Per Mertesaker who got pulled out of position by great runs by Rooney and RVP the crowd screaming for him to take him on then he passes to right back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm unable to see any difference between these next gen versions and ps3

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    I'm unable to see any difference between these next gen versions and ps3

To be honest there isn't a huge difference graphics wise (Seems to run a lot smoother though in gameplay videos Ive watched)

If it runs smoother and bugs like this are ironed out Ill be happy :D

Current Gen
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-15999-1380538898-0.gif

Its probably cause I'm watching on grainy YouTube and Twitch videos. For a new engine though I was expecting an overhaul of the gameplay but they were still lobbing it :(

Unearthly wrote: »
    Its probably cause I'm watching on grainy YouTube and Twitch videos. For a new engine though I was expecting an overhaul of the gameplay but they were still lobbing it :(

As in the people playing the game were lofting through balls?.

In fairness now, a new engine or what have you, isn't going to change how noobs play the game.

The real key is how successful it is.

If lofted balls were such a good tactic, Ireland wouldn't be getting beaten 6-1 by Germany and having about 29% of possession.

Long kicks should be massively inaccurate, as they are in real life.
    Always annoyed me when I'd be dominating possession but unable to get through or space for a long shot due to buttons like contain. But turn the ball over and the game is made 10 times easier for the team on the counter attack.
    I'd also like to see them clamp down on those ground passes out of a packed defence that go straight to the striker. Should be penalties for trying to pass it that far on the ground as would happen in real life.

As in the people playing the game were lofting through balls?.

In fairness now, a new engine or what have you, isn't going to change how noobs play the game.

The real key is how successful it is.

If lofted balls were such a good tactic, Ireland wouldn't be getting beaten 6-1 by Germany and having about 29% of possession.

Long kicks should be massively inaccurate, as they are in real life.
    Always annoyed me when I'd be dominating possession but unable to get through or space for a long shot due to buttons like contain. But turn the ball over and the game is made 10 times easier for the team on the counter attack.
    I'd also like to see them clamp down on those ground passes out of a packed defence that go straight to the striker. Should be penalties for trying to pass it that far on the ground as would happen in real life.

Yes its still pin point accurate lobbed through passes.

Every player has Paul Scholes type vision and ability

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just played FIFA 14 on PS4 this afternoon, not a whole lot away from the current generation title. It's extremely polished and crisp. The players feel slightly heavier to control which is a good thing in my opinion.

Shooting and crossing feel pretty much the same, through balls seem like they require better timing to pull them off correctly. Overall a very nice fluid game but not a huge difference to what we already have to be honest.

On a side note he PS4 controller is a pleasure to use, it's very light but feels more sturdy than DS3. The triggers and analog sticks are greatly improved, loved it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Just played FIFA 14 on PS4 this afternoon, not a whole lot away from the current generation title. It's extremely polished and crisp. The players feel slightly heavier to control which is a good thing in my opinion.

Shooting and crossing feel pretty much the same, through balls seem like they require better timing to pull them off correctly. Overall a very nice fluid game but not a huge difference to what we already have to be honest.

On a side note he PS4 controller is a pleasure to use, it's very light but feels more sturdy than DS3. The triggers and analog sticks are greatly improved, loved it to be honest!

lucky motherfúcker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads can anyone clear this up for me, I have FIFA 14 on Xbox 360 and I want to do the €15 upgrade to the Xbox One version, I am heading that Gamestop will do with without a receipt, you just need to give the game and €15?

I hope that is the case as I bought my copy in Xtravision and don't think they have a similar offer.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads can anyone clear this up for me, I have FIFA 14 on Xbox 360 and I want to do the €15 upgrade to the Xbox One version, I am heading that Gamestop will do with without a receipt, you just need to give the game and €15?

I hope that is the case as I bought my copy in Xtravision and don't think they have a similar offer.

Saw this on the GS Ireland twitter. Its for PS but i presume its the same for Xbox One - https://twitter.com/briancon22b/status/399211726748405760

So you've decided on Xbox One mikey?

I have decided on Xbox One, yes. I'll be getting mine around Xmas.

For me, it came down to games, and I've never been interested in the PS exclusives like Uncharted, Killzone etc., whereas, I HAVE to have Forza 5 and Titanfall when it comes out. I really think in the end they wont be much different than to what Xbox 360 and PS3 are now.

Delighted I can upgrade FIFA without having bought in in GS, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Bastards I brought fifa in the other day and they said if i dont have a receipt i cant do the offer. Words will be had.

• Advertisement

Got to play the demo at the Xbox One Tour event today and it was pretty underwhelming. Players looked nice and stuff but it was the same clunky gameplay as current gen. I wasn't expecting major changes, but I was expecting some, and I didn't really notice any.

Got to play the demo at the Xbox One Tour event today and it was pretty underwhelming. Players looked nice and stuff but it was the same clunky gameplay as current gen. I wasn't expecting major changes, but I was expecting some, and I didn't really notice any.

Did players still seem to run offside a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant believe you find the gameplay clunky on next gen.

Imo the graphics arent a huge overhaul tho the replays looks amazing.

The gameplay is so much smoother though and thats what impressed me most plus loads of new little animations too.

Makes playing the current gen ones feel very clunky.

Did players still seem to run offside a lot?

I didn't notice them being bad, which is a good thing.
    joe123 wrote: »
    Cant believe you find the gameplay clunky on next gen.

Imo the graphics arent a huge overhaul tho the replays looks amazing.

The gameplay is so much smoother though and thats what impressed me most plus loads of new little animations too.

Makes playing the current gen ones feel very clunky.

Keep in mind I played a 3min half demo, and on a demo console kiosk, but I played about 4 games against a mate of mine who is pretty good too and we seemed to agree that the passing was very dodgey and tackling was very clunky, which resulted in a lot of scrappy midfield clunk-fests.

You're right about the graphics, it's not going to make anyone gobsmacked, but the player faces are vastly improved, the crowd looks excellent as does the grass and stadiums, and the crowd atmosphere is significantly better.

The shooting did seem to really be on point, a few nice new animations, but I didn't notice this new in-air multiple challenger system, and headers from crosses seemed the same, as in there was at least one goal from them in each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Fifa 14 sent to courier by GameStop. All I need now is the console to play it on!! 29th wud wanna hurry up! Hope its a smoother play than current gen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Joe and Mikeyt, are the controls the exact same? Do we still have a jockey button, a tackle button and a contain button for example? How did dispossessing people feel? Is there still this massive area of effect where the computer tackles for you if you are near the ball carrier?

Because for me, the tackling system we have had since fifa 12 ruins the game for me and I was hoping they would tweak it.

If you are going to give players infinite stamina and let them run after the ball carrier at full pelt for 90 minutes like madmen, users shouldn't be able to let the computer tackle for them. It drives me mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I got an email from Xtravision at around the launch of current gen FIFA 14 saying they'll be doing upgrades for €14.99. I've since asked in two different Xtravisions and neither of them confirmed it.

One guy said, "I've seen the ads, but we've not been told anything" and the other guy said "That's EA that are doing it, not us".

I'm printing out the email the day I get my PS4 and bringing it into Xtravision, as I know I'm going to get hassle with it.

It quite clearly says:
    Xtravision wrote:
    Get FIFA 14 on PS4 or Xbox One for only €14.99 when you trade-in your copy of FIFA 14 on either Xbox 360 or PS3!

Pre-order FIFA 14 for Xbox 360 or PS3 now either in-store or online.

Offer available until 8th December 2013.

I think I might fire them an email before hand. It's fairly blatant false advertising if they don't honour it.

Kirby wrote: »
    Joe and Mikeyt, are the controls the exact same? Do we still have a jockey button, a tackle button and a contain button for example? How did dispossessing people feel? Is there still this massive area of effect where the computer tackles for you if you are near the ball carrier?

Because for me, the tackling system we have had since fifa 12 ruins the game for me and I was hoping they would tweak it.

If you are going to give players infinite stamina and let them run after the ball carrier at full pelt for 90 minutes like madmen, users shouldn't be able to let the computer tackle for them. It drives me mental.

I noticed no difference in the buttons or the defending system. Again, I've only played about 25 mins in 3 min halfs, but me and my mate both said "There is just no physicality in the game at all" meaning that when you are in control of the ball, if someone comes in to tackle they just barge you out of the way, there was no protection by getting your body in the way, if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

I want them all.
    281239.jpg

Advertisement