Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

Nolars wrote: »
    I want them all.

All 42 will start appearing in packs from Friday. I dont usually buy packs but I have around 50,000 thousand coins saved up so Ill open a few on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

All 42 will start appearing in packs from Friday. I dont usually buy packs but I have around 50,000 thousand coins saved up so Ill open a few on Friday.

ive 100k saved up, so whenever fifa 14 downloads 2mro night ill be opening some packs.

ive 100k saved up, so whenever fifa 14 downloads 2mro night ill be opening some packs.

Just be careful it might be like TOTW and they'll only start appearing in packs from 6 on Friday. But if you just look at the market and there are some showing up then they're in packs already.

Just be careful it might be like TOTW and they'll only start appearing in packs from 6 on Friday. But if you just look at the market and there are some showing up then they're in packs already.

Ye I wont go to mad packs are a waste of coins haha

• Advertisement

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 43m
    All 42 #FUTLegends are now available in #FUT on Xbox 360 and @Xbox One. http://bit.ly/1c325j1 pic.twitter.com/kZcKSCdaH8

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 43m
    All 42 #FUTLegends are now available in #FUT on Xbox 360 and @Xbox One. http://bit.ly/1c325j1 pic.twitter.com/kZcKSCdaH8

Searched on the wep app to see if any were up for sale but none yet.

1st one up for sale. Frank Be Boer - up for 3 minutes and current bid - 494,000.

1 up de boaer hes going for like a crazy price since hes the 1st one.

Up to 1.2 mil now haha

EDIT 2 million

• Advertisement

2 mill now, 1 in 2 hours are they that rare dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If anyone if in two minds about upgrading - Do it. As was said on the previous page, it is very polished, the Ignite engine runs well and the whole thing looks beautiful. There's f*ck all people online though and it's impossible to find a game from Ireland as it won't connect me to Amercians :(

BZiU-21CIAAg8AA.jpg:large

Oat23 wrote: »
    If anyone if in two minds about upgrading - Do it. As was said on the previous page, it is very polished, the Ignite engine runs well and the whole thing looks beautiful. There's f*ck all people online though and it's impossible to find a game from Ireland as it won't connect me to Amercians :(

Whys that (wont connect you to Americans)?

EDIT are you xbox or PS?

Whys that (wont connect you to Americans)?

EDIT are you xbox or PS?

Guessing it's because the connection would not be good, so the EA matchmaking doesn't allow it.

On PS4. Tried a bunch of teams with different ratings and Ultimate Team but nothing. I see Americans on twitch finding games easily enough so it will be fine when the game is released in Europe.

Just noticed that EA have taken the creation center out of next gen FIFA for some bizarre reason. I spent 10 minutes looking for it. I loved the creation center for downloading the J League and other things. Bring it back :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha, Van Nistelroy up for 10m.

Just blew my 45k on packs then. No Legends, but did get Pepe, Ramieres and De Rossi.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Just noticed that EA have taken the creation center out of next gen FIFA for some bizarre reason. I spent 10 minutes looking for it. I loved the creation center for downloading the J League and other things. Bring it back :mad::mad:

I read on gamespots review that they removed the add guest feature

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BZiU-21CIAAg8AA.jpg:large
    Do the menus and team management screens run smoothly?

It'll be back next year and they'll advertise it as a new feature.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Do the menus and team management screens run smoothly?

Yep, something I noticed right away. There is no lag when switching formations or making subs. It's very smooth.

Only one problem I am having is with goal kicks, free kicks or any dead ball situation. If you tap X to skip the replay too many times it will kick the ball when the replay ends. I've kicked it straight to my opponent 3 or 4 times now, and it has happened to others I have been playing. They need to add a delay so you don't accidentally kick the ball when trying to skip the replay.

I eventually figured out how to turn off the matchmaking by location thing in the settings, so I am finding games online easily enough now.

my first goal in Fifa 14 xb1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Have the game for ps4, just waiting on the console! How does next-gen play? Is it smoother than ps3 Xbox360?

Hoping ignite at least gets rid of some of the jarring animations of previous-gen versions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    Joe and Mikeyt, are the controls the exact same? Do we still have a jockey button, a tackle button and a contain button for example? How did dispossessing people feel? Is there still this massive area of effect where the computer tackles for you if you are near the ball carrier?

Because for me, the tackling system we have had since fifa 12 ruins the game for me and I was hoping they would tweak it.

If you are going to give players infinite stamina and let them run after the ball carrier at full pelt for 90 minutes like madmen, users shouldn't be able to let the computer tackle for them. It drives me mental.

Now that its out I can talk a bit more freely about it.

From what I've played, the first thing that struck me was that it was so fluid.

Menus moved with ease, there was no lag when navigating menus that you can get on current gen.

Gameplay wise again it was the fluidity of everything that struck me. I find that especially in this years FIFA, that the game over all feels very clunky and that you see the same animations over and over and the worst thing for me about this years FIFA (especially in Ultimte team) is that players get stuck in animations so you are waiting for them to happen.

On next gen I didnt feel this at all. Button wise, everything felt the same. Defending also still is the regular contain and people can basically let the AI do their defending for them. Again though, that clunky feeling is gone and the game seems much more natural.

There are new animations which at first you might not spot, but they really add to whole natural feel. It can be subtle at first but its glaring obvious when you go back to play it on current gen then. Back to this clunky,stuck in animation type gameplay. Its as if they tried to cater for the current gen but the game was designed for next gen systems.

Graphics wise, the replays looking amazing as do close ups. Outside of that it didnt blow me away in the graphics department.

Again Im saying all this from playing only a small amount. You cant really judge a FIFA imo until you have hours put into it.

Havent really played Ultimate Team to much and secondly most of the guys I have been playing wouldnt be that great at it. I cant really say if the lobbed through balls have been nerfed and things like that as they are ridiculous on current gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

LB + Y is still overpowered, as is the heading. Some nice changes to the animations and I think that there is less of the AI doing mental things, but overall it's the same engine just rebuilt again for the new consoles.

So we will never get the kind of major change that many of us were hoping for and the whole multiple players contesting headers thing never happens.

Yea over the top balls are still very stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

As I said numerous times, I only had a short time with the demo, so I'm very excited to hear guys how have the full game say it's much improved.

Watched a video by FIFA youtuber Japes, where he was explaining why he thinks it's better and then I saw this goal at 7.45 and then the replay at 8:13 actually made me say "Wow". Can't wait for it now.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    As I said numerous times, I only had a short time with the demo, so I'm very excited to hear guys how have the full game say it's much improved.

Watched a video by FIFA youtuber Japes, where he was explaining why he thinks it's better and then I saw this goal at 7.45 and then the replay at 8:13 actually made me say "Wow". Can't wait for it now.

Yeah some of the shooting and passing animations are great.

I'm really enjoying it. Feels so much smoother than the 360 version.

Oh and the look on my mates face the other day when I scored an absolute belter with Totti and then I told my Xbox to record that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi All,

I hadn't played a new FIFA since FIFA 11 on 360 so this one was obviously a massive change (on the One) - the stadiums, players and presentation are amazing (even the blades of grass).

Players move really well and in no time you'll be stringing the passes together. It takes some time (for me anyway) to get used to the bounce of the balls.

Online there are some good games to be played and they seem well balanced (so far).

Although, maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to just play a season (e.g. Of the Premier League) without having to do all the management-y stuff like contract negotiations and transfers.

The nearest thing I could find on the menu was start a player career and then play as the whole team (but you could end up being transferred or not picked for a game and I didn't spend €500 on a console to be left out of playing :)). Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Hi All,

I hadn't played a new FIFA since FIFA 11 on 360 so this one was obviously a massive change (on the One) - the stadiums, players and presentation are amazing (even the blades of grass).

Players move really well and in no time you'll be stringing the passes together. It takes some time (for me anyway) to get used to the bounce of the balls.

Online there are some good games to be played and they seem well balanced (so far).

Although, maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to just play a season (e.g. Of the Premier League) without having to do all the management-y stuff like contract negotiations and transfers.

The nearest thing I could find on the menu was start a player career and then play as the whole team (but you could end up being transferred or not picked for a game and I didn't spend €500 on a console to be left out of playing :)). Any advice greatly appreciated.

Tournament mode is not on next-gen Fifa 14. So only way to play a full season of prem league is through career mode. This obviously means you can't create tournaments when ur mates are over and will be stuck playing friendlies. Crazy decision by EA.

Explained in GameSpot review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kon9YFbXO6Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No tournament mode ?? Ah here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

No tournament mode ?? Ah here :(

Amen to that!!!

At least I feel less silly for not finding it :)

Advertisement