Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 (Next Gen)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Its like a whole new Fifa.
    The graphics are sublime i gladly play it for those alone but with the DS4 i havent actually misplaced a pass its great.
    Loving it atm

If your on PS4 gimmie an add Power1711

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    YES, the same thing with me. They suggested its for online and I was like "Oh, thats grand." and left, got home and there is fecking nothing about it online.

Just seen this about Xtravision doing the deal:

https://www.facebook.com/Xtravision/posts/648695151842155

and confirming you dont need receipt on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Xtravision/status/403561682578202624

Whats weird is I used to work in Xtravision and have a few mates who still do, I asked them and they know nothing about it.

I rang XV at the Parkway in Limerick. I think the Xbox One version is 14.99 and the PS4 version is 20. A bit annoying that they hit you for an extra fiver, but I don't have a gamestop receipt. You don't need a receipt in XV, but you do need an account (luckily I happened to sign up for one which I have never used once!).

I'm really enjoying the new FIFA. It's an almighty improvement over current gen FIFA 14. Through ball over the top is overpowered though. Even if it's not accurate, my CBs usually just control it and get robbed straight away. If you don't have an option to hit it first time to someone it's really tricky to deal with.

Never struggled with defending them on any version up until now, but seems more tricky. Maybe I'm just not used to FIFA as I didn't really play current gen FIFA when I bought it, and stopped playing 13 a good few months ago. Also, I just can not score from a cross (bar in FUT).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Bristol City vs Oldham, 67th minute & I'm 2-0 up. Ball goes out for a goalkick, but their keeper won't kick it out. Do I have to forfeit the game to move on? I can't seem to get the game to continue. I can still move my players but they won't go inside the 18 yard box.
    Anyone got any ideas?

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Bristol City vs Oldham, 67th minute & I'm 2-0 up. Ball goes out for a goalkick, but their keeper won't kick it out. Do I have to forfeit the game to move on? I can't seem to get the game to continue. I can still move my players but they won't go inside the 18 yard box.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Make a substitution? It might get it going again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Make a substitution? It might get it going again.

No dice, it's in the create-a-player career mode, so I've no control over team management. I just forfeited the game, was up by 2 goals, lost 3-0!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

v3ttel wrote: »
    I rang XV at the Parkway in Limerick. I think the Xbox One version is 14.99 and the PS4 version is 20. A bit annoying that they hit you for an extra fiver, but I don't have a gamestop receipt. You don't need a receipt in XV, but you do need an account (luckily I happened to sign up for one which I have never used once!).

I'm really enjoying the new FIFA. It's an almighty improvement over current gen FIFA 14. Through ball over the top is overpowered though. Even if it's not accurate, my CBs usually just control it and get robbed straight away. If you don't have an option to hit it first time to someone it's really tricky to deal with.

Never struggled with defending them on any version up until now, but seems more tricky. Maybe I'm just not used to FIFA as I didn't really play current gen FIFA when I bought it, and stopped playing 13 a good few months ago. Also, I just can not score from a cross (bar in FUT).

Got sorted in Xtravision thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Lads for the deal in gamestop to do the ps3 to ps4 version how much do you have to pay? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Finical wrote: »
    Lads for the deal in gamestop to do the ps3 to ps4 version how much do you have to pay? Cheers!

14.99 and i didnt have a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Nice one. Did you pay 15 or 20 as a matter of interest? You're on the Xbox One, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

v3ttel wrote: »
    Nice one. Did you pay 15 or 20 as a matter of interest? You're on the Xbox One, right?

Yeah Xbox One, it was 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

i can sign in to psn go on the store and all. but when i play fifa and try to play a match online it wont let me. says opponent not found. been tryin the past two days to get a game online. this happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Finally got a chance to play this properly on my PS4 tonight, are the online unranked matches gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Noticed that myself yesterday. Went looking for the online head to head friendly and it's not there!

Only seasons online it looks like.

I wonder will EA introduce it again at some stage. I use to like being able to warm up with a couple of unranked games before I went into seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah, I hope they do. The re-match option was great too.

Got it Thursday on XB1

Have to say it's a fair bit different.

The general dribbling remains the same as the 360 version but the shooting, heading, animations etc make it feel a lot different.

There no longer seems to be a certain goal angle, players can miss from anywhere and goalies can be beat from more places.
    The 360 version did contain better shooting, but this is another notch up again.

Can strike the ball across your body very well at times. Even chip shots have changed with a new animation, you can drill it lower.
    I caught a lad out the last night who didn't even bring his goalie the whole way, just tried to trick me and I just let a chip go from outside the box and he got good power on it, so it dipped quick and fell in.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I wonder will EA introduce it again at some stage. I use to like being able to warm up with a couple of unranked games before I went into seasons.

Just had a look at it seems there are more features stripped from the next gen version;

Creation Center
    Tournament Mode (Creating custom tournaments)
    No Guest play in Seasons
    Online Team Play
    11 vs. 11 for Drop Ins
    Match Lobbies
    Custom music
    Online Leagues
    Direct IP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I played a few Co Op seasons over the weekend with a buddy on the Xbox One so your info isn't accurate. Not sure about the rest though as I play very few game modes. Only pro clubs really.

One I know you're correct on is they reduced the number of players in a drop in match for your virtual pro to 5 and ANY is no longer available to cut out boosting/trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Only played 5/6 games on ps4 as it was only delivered today but its definitely different to ps3 version. Liking it but will take a week or two to get proper feel for the game.

• Advertisement

I played a few Co Op seasons over the weekend with a buddy on the Xbox One so your info isn't accurate. Not sure about the rest though as I play very few game modes. Only pro clubs really.

One I know you're correct on is they reduced the number of players in a drop in match for your virtual pro to 5 and ANY is no longer available to cut out boosting/trolling.

I copied the list from another forum, I'm pretty sure it meant you are no longer able to play co-op seasons with two people on the same console. The others seem to be correct though, I've only played it for a short while on PS4 so can't be fully sure yet.

It's a shame there's still no penalty for lads short passing it out of a packed box to their strikers feet.

Getting a bit fed up penning someone back and by just overpowering a short pass they're into a 2v2.

I know it works both ways, but I don't do it myself. I kind of play properly i.e get it towards the wings and/or kick it long etc.

The lofted balls haven't had much done to them, just constantly meeting fellas who spam them the whole game. They need to add the penalty for success of them.
    The lofted ball from KO is still evident and I nearly gave up 1/2 chances against the one lad today who was doing it.
    If they just toned down the success of 40/50 yard passes it would be much better.
    You're back to a FIFA 13 situation where your players sometimes react to the ball and miss it and let them in for a chance, that wasn't evident in the 14 version on 360.

All in all it's an improvement, but they need to bring the realism to the lofted balls and short passes from the goalmouth to a strikers feet... just too easy to be a noob and have success.

I

All in all it's an improvement, but they need to bring the realism to the lofted balls and short passes from the goalmouth to a strikers feet... just too easy to be a noob and have success.

Agree completely with that, they need to be toned down. Pretty much everyone is trying the lobbed through ball from kick off, KSI isn't helping matters by promoting it!

Is it just me or are Madrid being used even more often than previously, I seem to come up against them nine times out of ten? Get the ball to Ronaldo and Bale and just run!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

It's a shame there's still no penalty for lads short passing it out of a packed box to their strikers feet.

Getting a bit fed up penning someone back and by just overpowering a short pass they're into a 2v2.

I know it works both ways, but I don't do it myself. I kind of play properly i.e get it towards the wings and/or kick it long etc.

The lofted balls haven't had much done to them, just constantly meeting fellas who spam them the whole game. They need to add the penalty for success of them.
    The lofted ball from KO is still evident and I nearly gave up 1/2 chances against the one lad today who was doing it.
    If they just toned down the success of 40/50 yard passes it would be much better.
    You're back to a FIFA 13 situation where your players sometimes react to the ball and miss it and let them in for a chance, that wasn't evident in the 14 version on 360.

Completely wrong there. Lobbed balls from tip off are the norm on the 360.

joe123 wrote: »
    Completely wrong there. Lobbed balls from tip off are the norm on the 360.

I never said they weren't.

The point I made when I said it wasn't evident on the 360 was how your players would react to a lofted through ball and lose position.
    It was a big problem in 13 when defending the through ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was rooting for you reading back the last three pages :D

I have to say I'm playing alot of Fifa on my PS3, and had the pleasure of a night of gaming in a mates for PS4. We were pissed off to **** that tournament mode is gone, but the engine on next gen is breath taking.

The graphics are a MAJOR step up.
    The game is much more fluid
    It appears to be faster ( PS3 Fifa is so sluggish to me)
    The animations and everything that goes with it is incredible.

Cannot wait now, regret waiting till February for my console.

Can anyone confirm you can port your whole Ultimate team stuff from PS3 to PS4? A mate secured me a copy so it will be a Fifa machine for a while until some interesting games appear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

The lofted balls do seem to happen more often than they would in reality.

But people complain about it to much, and don`t defend accordingly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

In fairness though its hard to defend against them accordingly because when you switch to the nearest defender there is a delay were he just stops his AI run before you take over giving the attacker a second head start.

Been caught out so many times with this on pro clubs its very annoying. Its even more annoying when you come up against teams that are complete one trick ponies and just spam the lobbed through balls.

Blue Whale wrote: »
    The lofted balls do seem to happen more often than they would in reality.

But people complain about it to much, and don`t defend accordingly. :pac:

To be honest I defend them aswell as you can, and don't exactly concede each game from them. But it can be irritating when you lose having conceded 2/3 from lofted balls especially when there's defensive errors involved(reaching for it, or taking an auto touch and losing it).

The only problem I have with them isn't a lack of defensive adjustment, I just think in real life it's pretty dam hard to hit a 40/50 yard pass to a players toe. I don't mind it so much when its a 5/10 yard ball around a crowded backline, but there doesn't seem to be any penalty for the distance and they seem to have much the same chance of clicking.

If hoofing aimless balls was a good tactic, Ireland would have won the WC with Trappatoni. I'd just like to see that replicated a bit more in FIFA.

Longer the distance and the ability of the player, the less accurate the lofted through ball.

In other aspects, the chipped shots are much better. If you get good distance from the keeper and he's stranded you can just chip it since this new animation hits it more like a realistic chip and not someone using a lob wedge in golf.
    I've had two cracking chips with them hitting down on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its a pain in the balls having no tournament mode, I used love playing the likes of the FA Cup and things without having to go through all the career mode stuff, Like whats the point of all the leagues in it if ya can't bloody play them properly :(

My mate even said it, It's like a ploy to get more people online , I'm rightly pissed off over it anyway perfect game otherwise

Also to the poster above online leagues are gone since Fifa 13

Advertisement