Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best passive non-time consuming methods to understand + remember things in subjects?

• 03-11-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I was wondering about any methods you used or are currently doing to remember key things in your subjects.

I am currently listening to Macbeth every night before I go to sleep.

I write down all of the key words for my spanish oral.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Neither of those are exactly passive methods - which don't exist.

Whatever works for you though, so long as you're not looking for the holy grail of results with no study.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Listening properly in class is the easiest way to 'get' things first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Have an interest in the subject outside school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Yeah, except that doesn't work for the subjects you really need to study for. Hate English, it's the one I have to study most for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Exam papers over and over and over, i have done 2004-2013 of biology papers about 3 times already. There is no quick way to get an a1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

spurious wrote: »
    Listening properly in class is the easiest way to 'get' things first time.

I always try to listen in class but it's just so difficult, I just end up day dreaming unless I know the teacher is strict. Some teachers are just so meh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Spurious is definately right, listening in class and completi g homework are the best ways of learning/understanding something. If you want to improve things like irish though, try listening to raidio na gaeltachta for 10 mins in the evening when going walking or something. One thing I'mfindonh really helpful is on my phone I recorded myself reading out my sraith picture notes and listen to them and am going to do the same with spainsh/ irish oral prep. Also for things where there's rote learning like in chem I sometimes write definitions on post its and stick them in random places around my room eg on the mirror

Advertisement