Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mince pies reciepe

Options
  • 03-11-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Im looking to try my hand at making mince pies this year for xmas. Will def by the filling in a jar for the time being but would anyone perhaps know a good receipe for the pastry and how to put it all together before cooking it in the oven?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

mollybird I've moved this into Cakes & Bakes where the Christmas baking has begun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

I used this recipie last year, reading the comments associated with it i added an egg and rolled it out and cut out the dough rather than the method suggested. It made the most delicious pastry for my mince pies!!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2174/unbelievably-easy-mince-pies

Have my own mince maturing in the kitchen before i jar it up during the week, cannot wait to start making mince pies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I would recommend the M&S delux mincemeat, it's so nice. People that don't normally eat mince pies milled mine last year x

Advertisement