Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas just outside eFibre coverage map

Options
  • 03-11-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking at purchasing a site for a new house build.

A site I'm looking at is about 3-5km outside the edge of your coverage map. (Just outside Enfield, Meath).

I know the coverage map states:
    The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

Can this work the other way? I.e. could area's a few km's outside your map be able to get eFibre?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

rodge123 wrote: »
    Hi

A site I'm looking at is about 3-5km outside the edge of your coverage map. (Just outside Enfield, Meath).

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

Can this work the other way? I.e. could area's a few km's outside your map be able to get eFibre?

Thanks
    efibre currently rapidly stops working more than a km from an enabled cabinet.
    Rural cabinets are not done (see the map on the broadband forum).
    So it's bob hope and no hope at the moment,that far out in the sticks.
    I'm expecting the Eircom reps to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭rodge123

whitebriar wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Cheers whitebriar.

Another quick question you may be able to help with:

Is there any way to find out how likely it is that I will be able to get standard broadband on the site I will be building on?

How about calling into neighbours within say 500meters and asking them what speeds they receive currently? (If any!).

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

whitebriar wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Cheers whitebriar.

Another quick question you may be able to help with:

Is there any way to find out how likely it is that I will be able to get standard broadband on the site I will be building on?

How about calling into neighbours within say 500meters and asking them what speeds they receive currently? (If any!).

Thanks again.
    Hi rodge123

The efibre roll-out is done in stages so the network cabinet work is always ongoing so it is very hard to give absolutes or definitive time-frames regarding efibre,

Can you send me a PM with the full address of the site you are building on. Also is there a neighbour that has eircom service that you are aware of?

Mark

Advertisement