Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't upload essay to Blackboard

Options
  • 03-11-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

About two weeks ago I couldn't upload my essay to blackboard,, it was fixed but today I'm having the same problem. I'm already late. I've tried Opera, Firefox, Microsoft, but nothing works. Anyone know what the hell is going on???

Thanks, grasshopper1

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Did you have a read through this link? There might be something there to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

Thanks a lot for answering. Many people have had the same problem. I don't use Microsoft, but I tried with Opera and Firefox. I tried again this morning, no go :( It worked on Friday but not yesterday or today. I'm up at UCD today and will pop in to the computer center.

grasshopper1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Thanks a lot for answering. Many people have had the same problem. I don't use Microsoft, but I tried with Opera and Firefox. I tried again this morning, no go :( It worked on Friday but not yesterday or today. I'm up at UCD today and will pop in to the computer center.

grasshopper1

I think I just saw you in the computer center, just as I was reading this, mad coincidence.

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I think I just saw you in the computer center, just as I was reading this, mad coincidence.

No, not me, but I'm on my way. I have put in for an extension, but it won't be allowed because "the computers in UCD are working" which I am pretty pissed off about. After class I'm off to the computer center to find out the prob. I do think that Firefox is getting a little bit too much like Mick.y Soft

grasshopper1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

ok then there was a girl in the computer center with the same problem as you.

They helped her btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Use a plain vanilla browser. People install loads of toolbars and other junk, some of this goes into all browsers and stops them all working with Blackboard.

UCDCritic wrote: »
    ok then there was a girl in the computer center with the same problem as you.

They helped her btw
    Thanks. The problem was very simple to solve, but I don't know why it happened. When I upload to blackboard I save as pdf, for some reason the letters 'pdf' didn't attach itself to the file name, and I never thought of looking. In the computer center we went through the process and he noticed that "pdf" was not at the end of the file name. And that was the problem. Something so simple could cause so much grief.

ucdperson wrote: »
    Use a plain vanilla browser. People install loads of toolbars and other junk, some of this goes into all browsers and stops them all working with Blackboard.

I agree, but I find that Firefox is trying to take over too much, it's constantly updating to the newest and latest, It does not even ask if you want to update. It just does. I think I'm going to change browsers soon.

grasshopper1

Advertisement