Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The main thing is keeping the main thing, the main thing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Get the icing out its time to put the finishing touches to that cake of yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jeez.... I suggest a Plan B as a prudent approach and I get lambasted by all (including that angry Tallaght fooker that's banned from the weather forum;) ) Then TRRnewbyrunnernewbygirl suggests same and gets a million thanks! There's no justice, that said, he did give you the name of a happy ending rub-a-dubber ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Jeez.... I suggest a Plan B as a prudent approach and I get lambasted by all (including that angry Tallaght fooker that's banned from the weather forum;) ) Then TRRnewbyrunnernewbygirl suggests same and gets a million thanks! There's no justice, that said, he did give you the name of a happy ending rub-a-dubber ;)

No food with sex period, Digger ;)

drquirky wrote: »
    No food with sex period, Digger ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

March Review:

* 223 miles - which is 22 less than planned (3 recovery runs missed)
    * 1x20m (7:44 pace) + 1x18m (7:18 pace) were Key long runs in March
    * Maintained good nutrition & gave up reduced the drink!
    * No tune up races.
    * Hit all the sessions. (7x1k + 3x(8/6/4/200) being the main ones)
    * 13.1m in 1:29 MLR during march - an unscheduled confidence builder.
    * relatively injury free.

What I found interesting during this training cycle was that I didn't really feel tired or fatigued during it - not sure if it was the plan design or my body just adapting following the DCM training.

April is very simple:

(1) Run a marathon in under 3 hours.
    (2) Recover well (& hopefully quickly)from marathon.
    (2) Join a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Now just go and beat my pb by a minimum of 5 seconds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

April is very simple:

(3) Join a club.
    (4) Celebrate and get pi$$ed.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

March Review:

* 223 miles - which is 22 less than planned (3 recovery runs missed)
    * 1x20m (7:44 pace) + 1x18m (7:18 pace) were Key long runs in March
    * Maintained good nutrition & gave up reduced the drink!
    * No tune up races.
    * Hit all the sessions. (7x1k + 3x(8/6/4/200) being the main ones)
    * 13.1m in 1:29 MLR during march - an unscheduled confidence builder.
    * relatively injury free.

What I found interesting during this training cycle was that I didn't really feel tired or fatigued during it - not sure if it was the plan design or my body just adapting following the DCM training.

April is very simple:

(2) Join a club.
    Easy enough month so:p Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

And there was I thinking you were sandbagging all along but you're actually going to do it.....you're finally going to join a club:D:D

Hope the final week of taper isn't too unbearable...

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Good luck at the weekend.

Hope all goes according to plan..(Plan A that is:))

Can't say i'll be thinking of you, i'll have my own issues to deal with in Conn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

What I found interesting during this training cycle was that I didn't really feel tired or fatigued during it -

And with a nice taper on top of this you should be full of energy come the start-line. Can't remember if you've mentioned it already or not, do you have a fueling strategy for the race?

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on now.

Best of luck AMK- what's the story any live tracking we can follow on race day? I've some cash on a time for you and am gonna need to watch my horse come in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Best of luck, solid training out of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Good luck. I've come up with a little mantra to help you get through the race.

Miles 1-15: Don't **** it up, Don't **** it up, Don't **** it up
    Miles 15-26: Beer, Beer, Beer
    Mile 26-finish: yahoo

TRR wrote: »
    Good luck. I've come up with a little mantra to help you get through the race.

Miles 1-15: Don't **** it up, Don't **** it up, Don't **** it up
    Miles 15-26: Beer, Beer, Beer
    Mile 26-finish: yahoo

The RK version:

1-15 don't **** it up- wait maybe if I hit some HM pace miles ill bank some time- f it 10k pace is feelin comfortable I'll just cruise this downhill

15-26 oh **** maybe I ****ed up, my calf hurts beer pain beer pain internet slagging, my heads gonna explode

26-finish solid effort didn't hit target but I'll "learn from it"

AMK version

1-finish

I'm one badass, smart mother****er. My training is solid, my head is right and I'm bout to make money for my homie DQ Yahooooo!!!!

outforarun wrote: »
    And with a nice taper on top of this you should be full of energy come the start-line. Can't remember if you've mentioned it already or not, do you have a fueling strategy for the race?

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on now.

I wish - I have RWDLS* all week!!

Fueling strategy is to do what I've been doing in training.
    Will increase the carbs (but not stuff myself silly) from tomorrow.
    During the race, I have some gels that I've used on long runs (Kenetica cola flavour) - also got 2 caffeine type gels that I've used on long runs too for later on (maybe mile 14 & 20 if I can stomach it).

(*Race Week Dead Leg Syndrome)

drquirky wrote: »
    The RK version:

1-15 don't **** it up- wait maybe if I hit some HM pace miles ill bank some time- f it 10k pace is feelin comfortable I'll just cruise this downhill

15-26 oh **** maybe I ****ed up, my calf hurts beer pain beer pain internet slagging, my heads gonna explode

26-finish solid effort didn't hit target but I'll "learn from it"

AMK version

1-finish

I'm one badass, smart mother****er. My training is solid, my head is right and I'm bout to make money for my homie DQ Yahooooo!!!!

yis are gas!

Hopefully you'll collect that money DrQ - that is if your predicted time is under 3 hours:eek:

Monday: Busy in work and at home - didn't get out for planned 5 mile easy run. Had a massage - it totally wiped me. Was in bed by 9pm, so maybe thankful that I didn't run.

Tuesday 1st April: 5.13 miles in PP - easy run - done 6x 15 second strides at the end of it. Legs getting there I think.
    Epsom salts bath later that night & some stretching.

Wednesday 2nd April: 6.4 miles - 3m at MP (ave 6:46) - 1st 1.5m felt a bit 'meh', but once I found the rhythm it was fine. Finished off with 5x30 second strides.

Plan for tomorrow is for 5mile with 5x2min pickups (to 10k pace).
    Rest on Friday and a gentle 3 miles on Saturday morning.

#longestweekever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Badreputation

Best of luck at the weekend AMK. You are in great shape. Really enjoyed following your progress since the start of your training for Manchester as our goals were similar enough. You should be very confident on the start line. Enjoy it...and give Moyes a big wave at Old Trafford:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Monday: Busy in work and at home - didn't get out for planned 5 mile easy run. Had a massage - it totally wiped me. Was in bed by 9pm

Happy ending? ;)

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    Happy ending? ;)

AuldWanKing ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck AMK. Do Old Trafford proud :D

wonder who bet against DrQ.... (it wasn't me; I'm guessing TRR).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Have a great race A. I'm sure you'll do the biz. If you're passing Old Trafford that might be the ideal place for a toilet break ;)

When are you travelling over? Is the family heading over too?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Best of luck AMK. Do Old Trafford proud :D

wonder who bet against DrQ.... (it wasn't me; I'm guessing TRR).

Quirkys been running with Luke a lot. Ray is correct what he says about him ;)

RedRunner wrote: »
    Have a great race A. I'm sure you'll do the biz. If you're passing Old Trafford that might be the ideal place for a toilet break ;)

When are you travelling over? Is the family heading over too?

Over on Saturday, family aren't going. Guess they'll be bored or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

digger2d2 wrote: »
    AuldWanKing ;):)

That's fecking hilarious, took a second for the brain to catch up.

I'd be proud of that post myself, legend.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hey Alan, best of luck this weekend!
    That plan is pretty comprehensive in my view and I'm hoping to see you smash 3hrs up and give me a performance to take confidence from for my own race in a few weeks!
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of time you'll end up targeting in Autumn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Good luck AMK! Great training - hope you get the day and time you deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Very best of luck AMK. Time to take up your spot in the sub-3 club. The sash and instructions for secret handshake are waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Best of luck AMK on Sunday. Have enjoyed following your progress and training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Sh!t's getting real!!

Just relax into the race, I know you aren't using the pacers but don't venture too far ahead of them for the first few miles. You know all this already but don't get carried away on the day.

Soak up the atmosphere before the race and remember that you are one of the top 150 runners there!!

Advertisement