Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The main thing is keeping the main thing, the main thing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Go n-éirí leat, AMK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You're in great shape - stay calm, controlled, and confident and you'll get a result to match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Are we doing this already......it's only Thursday :confused:

Oh well I only have 3 words for you anyway Alan

MAKE IT SO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Wow - its still only Thursday - thanks for the pressure support :)

Thursday: 5.2 miles inc 5x2 mins @ 10k pace (90sec rec)

Just what I needed at this stage - legs were a bit heavy still, but getting better as the week drags on.
    This little session really fired them up. Feeling much better now although I felt it difficult to hold the pace :eek:

Got me thinking about the day I broke 40mins for a 10k in Maynooth - on the warm up, I was doing strides and couldn't get up to race pace in the strides! - So I know that this sort of nervous energy plays havoc - I expected it and its here.
    It'll be gone on race morning. Fact.

PS: Carb loading has started, my pee is clear, Beetroot juice load has started (pee wont be clear for long),my ar$e cheek is healed, flights are checked in, bag is ready, packing list is complete, gear all washed, garmin charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Very best of luck on Sunday AMK.
    I'm sure you'll nail it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Very best of luck in Manchester - you're training has been great and am sure you'll get the sub 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Go Yiddo !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

drquirky wrote: »
    The RK version:

1-15 don't **** it up- wait maybe if I hit some HM pace miles ill bank some time- f it 10k pace is feelin comfortable I'll just cruise this downhill

15-26 oh **** maybe I ****ed up, my calf hurts beer pain beer pain internet slagging, my heads gonna explode

26-finish solid effort didn't hit target but I'll "learn from it"

AMK version

1-finish

I'm one badass, smart mother****er. My training is solid, my head is right and I'm bout to make money for my homie DQ Yahooooo!!!!

Wouldn't it be gas if that after ten miles or so, AMK has some sort of schizophrenic episode and RK took control for the next ten miles. AMK regains control of the body at 20 miles but in the meantime he has ran a 10 mile pb from 10-20 miles :)

TRR wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be gas if that after ten miles or so, AMK has some sort of schizophrenic episode and RK took control for the next ten miles. AMK regains control of the body at 20 miles but in the meantime he has ran a 10 mile pb from 10-20 miles :)

Haha, Is that my race day tactic, Coach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Have the run of your life A! Most important of all, have a great experience and enjoy every moment and you'll get the main thing... which is the main thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Have loved following your training for this one, you really deserve the target you're after! Best of luck on Sunday and enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Good luck Alan. It's been great watching your progress since I last beat you in a race ;) You've certainly done your homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

48110673.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Jaysus this is exciting! I'm gonna be glued to the live tracker on Sunday.
    Just don't foock it up, all of A/R have a lot invested emotionally in this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

The pressure round these parts must be something like what Katie Taylor faced in the Olympics...done deal but still gotta get through it!

48110673.jpg

That's brilliant, Cheers!

Aero2k sent me this on email - its well worth reposting here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llfcZUyTJGA

"I had every right to expect the performance of my life" - I think this line is pertinent to a lot of runners doing spring marathons this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

the very best of luck Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

Best of luck A, go out and run the race your training deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Aero2k sent me this on email - its well worth reposting here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llfcZUyTJGA

"I had every right to expect the performance of my life" - I think this line is pertinent to a lot of runners doing spring marathons this year.

Brilliant..... but why the f&ck did nobody tell me before dcm that I could save 80 meters or so sticking to corners????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

AMK,

Best of luck.

As a sub 3 runner I assume you won't adopt some elitist demeanour that will preclude you for bringing me on the promised second tour of the PP!

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best of luck at the weekend. If at any point RK attempts to rear his head be sure to put him firmly in his place. Your training has gone very well and your body is physically ready for it. The hard work is done now just drive it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Best of luck chief - no fuppin excuses - work is done so claim the prize

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Give it socks Alan, remember most visitors to Old Trafford this year have set records and come away with something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

All the best for the weekend, you'll nail it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Stick to the plan. Trust in the training. Enjoy the day. And hit that target. A Manchester King. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

I've a feeling the Running King is making a comeback ;) Best of luck Sunday. You'll nail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Very best of luck to you for Sunday Alan. Go get 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck tomorrow. Keep the faith and bring it home!! Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Best of luck tomorrow AMK, hope it all goes well and you can enjoy the "main thing".

Pssst RK
    Blockic: 2:58:08, Claralara: 2:57:31 go on you know you want to :D:D

Advertisement